Author Topic: Anyone agree?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
Anyone agree?
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:34:55 PM »
Obviously getting promoted is the ultimate goal for NUFC. But does anyone else agree with me, If we don't win the Championship and lift the trophy than this year has been a massive failure. Only Shelvey and Gayle feature on the Championship team off the season, compared to brightons 4. I'd be disappointed not to win it. Nobody remembers second place.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
Re: Anyone agree?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:41:54 PM »
Yes it would be nice to go up champions but Im not that bothered about going up in 2nd. Promotion is the more important thing not the how.

in my opinion.

Offline Big Al 99

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:27 PM »
The main thing is that we go straight back up. Not fussed if that is as winners or in 2nd place. All that matters is promotion
Bob loves me!...

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:09:13 PM »
That championship team of the season thing is sh*** anyway, anyone who's watched Murray knows he's immobile and average, Tom Cairney should be there. Also that Pontus Jansson is just a plank who plays up the fans and shouts a lot, he's not very good.
Ciaran Clark should be there as he's been excellent every game bar about 3 errors. Far better than Lascelles.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:06:10 PM »
That championship team of the season thing is sh*** anyway, anyone who's watched Murray knows he's immobile and average, Tom Cairney should be there. Also that Pontus Jansson is just a plank who plays up the fans and shouts a lot, he's not very good.
Ciaran Clark should be there as he's been excellent every game bar about 3 errors. Far better than Lascelles.
As long as we go up not bothered although would be nice to go up as Champions it's in our own hands win all our games and we can't be caught he said tongue in cheek!
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »
Next 2 games at home could sort it out - 6 points are required 7 if possible :)
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Next 2 games at home could sort it out - 6 points are required 7 if possible :)

Poz where have you and scoot been this season? Missed reading your drunken rants.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 05:34:53 PM »
Couldn't give a f**k about team of the year :lol:

Important thing is promotion end of story

Offline supermac

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 09:09:45 PM »
Obviously getting promoted is the ultimate goal for NUFC. But does anyone else agree with me, If we don't win the Championship and lift the trophy than this year has been a massive failure. Only Shelvey and Gayle feature on the Championship team off the season, compared to brightons 4. I'd be disappointed not to win it. Nobody remembers second place.

How can getting promoted be a massive failure ? When the only target for the season was to actually get promoted.
 finishing top would be a bonus that's all, second place will be remembered as we will be in the Premier League. I can't even remember who won last seasons Championship without looking it up, but I remember it was Boro and Burnley who came up automatic.

Offline Brian Toon

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 12:17:51 AM »
So long as we go up it doesnt matter. So many big clubs in championship and very easy to stay down here. The team that got promoted last time had a lot more quality in it. The answer is the same as last year after we went down. Just go back up any way possible

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »
It's a massive failure in my mind because it means we're going up second best. It means that Chris Hughton is the better manager in this division and it means that our PL players, Diame Ritchie Atsu Shelvey Gayle Clark I could go on... Gamez?? Waste of money hasn't even played a mere five games.. In other words the teams has under achieved.. I want a trophy 🏆 and I don't want to fall behind Brighton.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
Gamez was free like. Hanley, Murphy & Diame overpriced, Sels a waste of money, and Lazaar good price but underused. We should be fairly fresh compared to other teams at this stage of the season as in half the games we've let the other team have the ball.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »

no you tool
" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Offline NN1

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 09:43:12 PM »
Top 2 all that matters, teams who win the Championship anyway are always either relegated teams that don't make changes to the team or those who've built a squad over a few years, we're lucky in many ways to be top 2 with the changes we had to make to the squad.
"Sometimes he says to us play football and sometimes he says to kick it. Before Yohan left we were very good but afterwards we didn't play any more and it's hard to win that way.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Offline Wilko

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Nobody remembers 2nd place yes but nobody remembers first place either - the play off winners usually take all the glory and nobody remembers them either
Yorkshire Mag