Author Topic: Mitro & Perez  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
Re: Mitro & Perez
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »
Mitro is a better all round footballer than most 'target men' i've seen at newcastle but I don't think he's all that bright and without application it's hard to succeed, but I think in say Italy or Germany he could be a reasonably prolific player.

Perez I think is the opposite - an intelligent player but doesn't quite have all the attributes to be top quality, I honestly think, probably at a different or better club, he'll turn out to have a very good career.

It's hard to judge players at Newcastle because if we're totally honest, we're a f***ing mess of a club

You can't of seen many target men if you think he's better than them cos there's not many I can think of who are worse

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »
You can't of seen many target men if you think he's better than them cos there's not many I can think of who are worse

What's with the dislike, his scoring record at the age of 22 speaks for itself. Who do you expect us to get, we aren't good enough to attract many better anymore, Ba and Remy were probably as good as it gets sadly
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 09:01:50 PM »
What's with the dislike, his scoring record at the age of 22 speaks for itself. Who do you expect us to get, we aren't good enough to attract many better anymore, Ba and Remy were probably as good as it gets sadly

I want a forward who is actually mobile enough to put pressure on defenders.
One who has the instincts to get into the box when the ball is in good positions.
One who doesn't act like a hard man but those himself on floor like a fanny half the time.

He doesn't fit our system and way of playing at all - his link up play has improved but playing as lone striker you need to be able to put in the yards to pressure defences, make runs in behind and hold up ball - he can't do the first 2 at all

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
Mitro is a better all round footballer than most 'target men' i've seen at newcastle but I don't think he's all that bright and without application it's hard to succeed, but I think in say Italy or Germany he could be a reasonably prolific player.

Perez I think is the opposite - an intelligent player but doesn't quite have all the attributes to be top quality, I honestly think, probably at a different or better club, he'll turn out to have a very good career.

It's hard to judge players at Newcastle because if we're totally honest, we're a f***ing mess of a club

Mitro would need a team built around him and he would need a lot of chances to be reasonably prolific in my view ( Just doesnt have the right instinct). No matter what league he is in he will still have the same issues and that would hamper him and I think his talent level isn't enough to build around him

In terms of the big men we have had  here in the time Iv seen at the toon hes closer to the level of Carl Cort/Shola than he is the level of Carroll/Ferguson who were a lot more effective than he is ( although admittedly both were very injury prone). If you then brought in more mobile big men like Ba and Ferdinand he wouldn't even be in the same league

Maybe being a bit harsh on Perez as thinking with a cooler head he may do ok in a slower less physical league ( spain?) but it would be someway down the league

True that about us being a mess though we'd have ruined messi

Ba and Remy were both top notch at their time, might not have been in the top bracket but they were on the edges when they played for us. There are some teams in the prem who if it wasn't for our mismanagement we should be up at least alongside who have some top notch forward such as Gabbiadini. Lukaku and Benteke so its not too unreasonable to think if we dont f**k it up we could get a pretty decent forward next year

Bob is to blame

Offline NN1

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 11:01:42 PM »
Perez gives us nothing, he was shocking vs Leeds, good game :suicide:

Nothing he does on the pitch impacts us in a good way, it's like playing with 10 men awful link up, creating, passing, attacking the box ect.

Mitro's performance against Leeds probably the most overrated performance I've seen in ages, all I hear is he was quality against Leeds, he won a few headers, laid it off a few times but overall weak as s*** & no threat.
"Sometimes he says to us play football and sometimes he says to kick it. Before Yohan left we were very good but afterwards we didn't play any more and it's hard to win that way.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Offline Jonas14

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 12:02:36 AM »
I can go with this. Really think its about the formation with regards the consistent (Leeds excepted) lousy performances throughout the second-half of the season. Just break the monotony for everyone, not least the opposing players.
In that respect even Mitro and Murphy up top, would be better than just one. Murphy looks a striker who could benefit from the chaos Mitro can cause (not saying its positive chaos)

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 06:35:49 PM »
I can go with this. Really think its about the formation with regards the consistent (Leeds excepted) lousy performances throughout the second-half of the season. Just break the monotony for everyone, not least the opposing players.
In that respect even Mitro and Murphy up top, would be better than just one. Murphy looks a striker who could benefit from the chaos Mitro can cause (not saying its positive chaos)
Mitro's problem is that he also causes chaos amongst his own team mates. He plays like he has never had a coaching lesson in his life.

Offline Jinker

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 08:17:00 AM »
Seems to me that neither are good enough for the PL and both haven't exactly set the Championship on fire either.  If Rafa thought Miro was good enough he would have played him more than he has.  We paid £1mil for Perez so we will get a profit on any sale.  I'd be surprised if either of them were at Newcastle next season but what do i know?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:19:18 AM by Jinker »

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 02:49:53 PM »
Seems to me that neither are good enough for the PL and both haven't exactly set the Championship on fire either.  If Rafa thought Mitro was good enough he would have played him more than he has.  We paid £1mil for Perez so we will get a profit on any sale.  I'd be surprised if either of them were at Newcastle next season but what do i know?

I'll say it once more only.

Mitrovic scored as many as Benteke, Carroll, Payet & Rondon last season, more than Coutinho, Barkley, Rooney, Sturridge...in a relegated team. In his first season. As a 21 year old.
He got as many assists as Coutinho and Mata. All of this in only 24 games.

Ah yeah and Perez scored as many as Eriksen, Mata, Ozil, Sterling & Redmond. With a further 2 assists, all told in 23 games. Playing secondary striker or left wing at 22 years old.

Do you consider any of those not good enough for the prem?

I defend them because I believe in their ability, and the stats don't lie about what they've done for us.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2017, 02:54:43 PM »
If you want to talk about this season Perez has underperformed at a lower level, with only 6 goals and 6 assists in the league from 23 games. His assists are towards the higher end though.

Mitrovic likewise has 4 goals and 4 assists from 10 games in the league.

(These are going by time on pitch)

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:41 PM »

Mitrovic scored as many as Benteke, Carroll, Payet & Rondon last season, more than Coutinho, Barkley, Rooney, Sturridge...in a relegated team. In his first season. As a 21 year old.

Ah yeah and Perez scored as many as Eriksen, Mata, Ozil, Sterling & Redmond. With a further 2 assists, all told in 23 games. Playing secondary striker or left wing at 22 years old.

I defend them because I believe in their ability, and the stats don't lie about what they've done for us.
For starters Stats depending on what you want to prove can be made to look like anything. Sturridge in 6 seasons at Liverpool has scored a total of 59 goals. Hardly mind blowing.  This season he has scored 8 in 14 PL apps. Last season Mitro scored 9 in 34  PL apps and 6 in 26 apps this season. The only season he really scored goals was in the Belgian Pro League when he scored 28 goals in 51 apps. which was probably the reason we signed him.Carroll has scored 7 in 17 apps. this season. Benteke scored 9 in 29 apps. last season and 12 in 30 apps. this season. Have not counted any FA or League Cup apps. And I would hardly class Coutinho, Barkley, Payet and Rooney as strikers. And  Defoe has scored more than any of those names with a relegated club.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
Since Shearer, and not including the championship season, we've had nobody who can score 15 goals a season anyway apart from Demba Ba!

All the totals have been inbetween 10-15 at the most, coming from Ba, Nolan, Cisse, Remy, Owen & Martins.

If Mitro plays a full season i.e. starting games, the trend would show that he would match those numbers, our best strikers of recent times (not saying much)

Perez of course is lagging behind, but he has never or very rarely played as an out and out striker in his time here hence he has only been scoring roundabout 7 a season, but he has a fair mount of assists.

Point is, we're not going to attract anyone who can score 20 goals a season.
Defoe has scored 14 goals this season and got 15 the last. And he's one of if not the best striker outside the top 7 clubs.

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »

Were there all round games anywhere near the players you mention?

and also would you say its fair to say Mitro and Perez played a lot better and more importantly ( in my view) put more in last year?
Bob is to blame

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 09:19:13 PM »
Were there all round games anywhere near the players you mention?

and also would you say its fair to say Mitro and Perez played a lot better and more importantly ( in my view) put more in last year?

Defoe doesn't have an all round game, neither do others mentioned. I honestly would take Mitro playing crap every game if he scored every game.

I think they definitely did better last year, I do think Perez gets a lot of flak because he goes down easy but when he plays you can see he creates a lot. It'd be interesting to see his key passes and chances created that aren't converted.

All in all Ace I just feel they're getting way too much pressure put on their backs, they're young still, in a foreign league and not performing terribly. With support and the right setup they can both play way above the level they have been recently - they've already shown a higher level of performance in the past.

Offline Jinker

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »

Seriously, you're comparing Mitrovic and Perez to those players?  I don't think so.
Stats and damn lies.  The reason they were playing in a struggling team last season was because they were part of it not because of it.  When your forwards miss easy chances it makes it very difficult for the rest of the team.  Perez is too weak, hardly makes a tackle and ends up on the floor more often than not and whilst I do like Mitrovic he isn't the answer we need for the PL.  Just my opinion of course.