Author Topic: Changes needed? (If we get promoted)  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Leo7

• Getting to know the place
Changes needed? (If we get promoted)
« on: April 18, 2017, 04:41:00 PM »
What changes need to be made if we're back in the PL next season?

If we ship too many players and buy say foreigners and a couple of British lads, it'll take time to adjust as a team and gel.

We also need to keep some players so we have cover for the cup games etc cause id love to see us go for a cup.

I'd keep Gayle, Lascelles (I know but he does have potential with his age aswell) Ritchie and Shelvey ofcourse, Yedlin, Atsu, id even be happy to get the likes of Diame and Gouff as they do have premier league experience. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Colback who I initially thought would of showed his potential in this league but he even struggles in the champ. I'd keep Darlow but I would buy a new keeper with a bit more experience and also keep Elliot but keep Sels. I do think they'd be a big clear out but I genuinely don't see Ashley giving Rafa more than 20m to buy new players and that's even if we sell a few. Just really hope we try harder in the cups next season regardless of what league were in.
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
Re: Changes needed? (If we get promoted)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:15:04 PM »
Let's just see what happens then worry about the new players etc etc.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline R S

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »
Based on recent performances I'd like to see at least 15 new faces at the club.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »
Any transfers in need to be concluded early so they have a good pre-season to gel.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 05:34:49 PM »
Based on recent performances I'd like to see at least 15 new faces at the club.
Thats a lot of change but I guess we will see what happens it will largely depend on whether we get promoted or not.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline john88

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 11:47:34 AM »
------------------------------GAYLE-----------------------------------
--------?-------------------------------------------RITCHIE------------
--------------HAYDEN------------?-------SHELVEY---------------------
--------?------------CLARK--------SHAWCROSS-------YEDLIN---------
------------------------------KRUL-------------------------------------
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:48:43 AM by john88 »

Offline gaspytoon

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 01:28:54 PM »
Ritchie & Shelvey are key & need to be at the club next season. I would keep Hayden but i'd say a minimum of 2 extra strong central midfielders needed. On the wing we really need more strength so i'd say a minimum 2 wingers needed. Gayle would benefit with a big target man, Mitro i'm not 100% of so another target man is a must. Perez :?

At the back Clarke is my only player in the current side i trust, Keep Mbemba, Lacelles as he's still learning but a new CB is crucial. 2 new fullbacks. Goalkeepers not a problem, they've just been let down this season by the sh*t that's been infront of them!!!

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
As Klopp would say: 'Do none of you believe in coaching anymore?'

6 first team players, particularly defence and the creative attacking positions.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 04:00:40 PM »
Ritchie & Shelvey are key & need to be at the club next season. I would keep Hayden but i'd say a minimum of 2 extra strong central midfielders needed. On the wing we really need more strength so i'd say a minimum 2 wingers needed. Gayle would benefit with a big target man, Mitro i'm not 100% of so another target man is a must. Perez :?

At the back Clarke is my only player in the current side i trust, Keep Mbemba, Lacelles as he's still learning but a new CB is crucial. 2 new fullbacks. Goalkeepers not a problem, they've just been let down this season by the sh*t that's been infront of them!!!
Has Rafa ever played 2 strikers this season?

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »
What changes need to be made if we're back in the PL next season?

If we ship too many players and buy say foreigners and a couple of British lads, it'll take time to adjust as a team and gel.

We also need to keep some players so we have cover for the cup games etc cause id love to see us go for a cup.

I'd keep Gayle, Lascelles (I know but he does have potential with his age aswell) Ritchie and Shelvey ofcourse, Yedlin, Atsu, id even be happy to get the likes of Diame and Gouff as they do have premier league experience. However, I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Colback who I initially thought would of showed his potential in this league but he even struggles in the champ. I'd keep Darlow but I would buy a new keeper with a bit more experience and also keep Elliot but keep Sels. I do think they'd be a big clear out but I genuinely don't see Ashley giving Rafa more than 20m to buy new players and that's even if we sell a few. Just really hope we try harder in the cups next season regardless of what league were in.
The current figure for PL clubs is £170 million. Parachute payments are currently £70 million. Even with his limited business experience even Ashley can do those simple maths. First Rafa as our keepers go, needs to sort out Krul. Yedlin could be OK but Dummett would need to go. We need a LB who is not terrified to cross the half way line. There are a number of good LB's around and if Hull are relegated I would go for Robertson or Chilwell from Leicester or even Shaw. Rafa has had to play Gouffran as protection for Dummett. We need a strong, ball playing CB to go with either Mbemba or Clark. Hayden has made good progress and would probably be better in the PL. Colback to go. We need to  lose Gouffran, Perez and Mitro. Not sure about Diame. Prior to ANC he was playing OK but since then not been that hot. Same goes for Anita. Before his injury he was bombing up and down the right and tackling was OK. His problem will always be his lack of height. Gayle will do what Gayle does. Given the right support he will score goals. Shelvey has played well for most of the season but for some reason only known to him and Rafa, he has recently spent far too much time in his own half which means he has to be deadly accurate with 30 yard balls, which recently he has not been. The jury is out on Lascelles who either blows hot or cold but lacks consistency and is prone to blaming other defenders around him for his mistakes. Atsu has a lot of potential and could work well in the PL where there are not so many cloggers. Ritchie is worth his weight in gold. He can beat players, good crosser and scores goals. Not sure about Darlow. He can make spectacular saves quickly followed by a clanger. Again you wonder why Rafa has not played Elliot since his return. He has rarely let us down. Sels to go. Given his limited chances, Murphy has not let us down. If the rumours are true about Shawcross he would be a good partner for Clark, although Hughes is not known for letting his better players leave unless it is for stupid money. One player from Stoke I would try for is Arnautovic. Big, strong and scores goals. So we could end up needing 2 left backs, a Centre Back, a strong defensive midfielder, and back ups for Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchie and Atsu.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:35:05 PM by mazme4ever »

Offline john88

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 07:22:53 PM »
---------------------GAYLE---------------------
---?-----------------------------------RITCHIE---
----------HAYDEN-----?------SHELVEY----------
-ROBERTSON--CLARK--SHAWCROSS-YEDLIN---
---------------------KRUL-----------------------

i'd rather have a british core, so a good direction to go down, especially in the PL, where they know what it means & have the experience. the foreign muck only use us as stepping stone anyway and were one of the main reasons we ended up in the championship anyway, when they downed tools
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:34:11 PM by john88 »

Offline john88

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »
today's link - Tammy Abraham on a season long loan in the PL next season. Been impressed with the lad in a poor side, scoring 20+ goals. Big strong, quick & a different option to Gayle. Would probably be Mitrovic or Murphy replacement, that type of target man.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:39:41 AM by john88 »

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
Let's be honest we won't  be gaining any world beaters in the summer. We have quite a few good players. Ones I'd like to see stay: GK: Krul, Darlow, Sels, Elliott,
                                                  DF: Mbemba, Lacelles, Hanley, Clark, Yedlin,
                                                  MF, Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Diame,
                                                  FwD: Gayle, Mitrovic,

Any players out on loan apart from Krul I would sell. Use that profit on whatever Rafa wants. I'd also like to see 50-60 Million spent on players or wages.
Should have a good team next year!
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
I would keep most of those, but a number of those players have little experience of the PL. If Krul returns as first choice would Elliott be happy being 3rd choice or if Darlow is first choice what would Krul do. Lascelles and Hanley have not been consistent enough to play in the PL, and the same goes for Mitrovic.

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 06:25:32 PM »
Agree that Mitrovic isi inconsistent but if he learns more of Gayle than he may come good. Hanley has not had enough games but him Mbemba Clark and Lacelles have proved they can click. Need Sigurrdson Jenkinson Shawcross maybe Atsu Tammy Abraham and 1-2 Big names. Would we allow de Jong to play a few games
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM