Author Topic: Changes needed? (If we get promoted)  (Read 1476 times)

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
Re: Changes needed? (If we get promoted)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 06:33:10 PM »
Chronic reports that Spurs are interested in Thauvin. Sell in June and then triple what we paid for him. I am surprised after the Sissoko fiasco that Spurs would be interested in any of our players.

Offline Skoshi

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 11:30:58 PM »
Chronic reports that Spurs are interested in Thauvin. Sell in June and then triple what we paid for him. I am surprised after the Sissoko fiasco that Spurs would be interested in any of our players.
Thought he was sold already due to clause on the loan?

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2017, 12:41:23 AM »
Thought he was sold already due to clause on the loan?
Thauvin's loan expires on 30 June and there is an 'agreement' for him to sign for Marseilles. However, if Ashley receives a bigger offer, knowing his reputation as a wheeler dealer, he could find some way out of this agreement. This has happened with previous clubs in the past.

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »

ditch Rafa and we have a chance of staying up  :thumbs:
" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »
ditch Rafa and we have a chance of staying up  :thumbs:

Rafa may make a lot of mistakes but the biggest strength he has is he gets results, it may not be pretty but even if he does it in what my opinion is the hard way he gets it done.

Only Mourinho and Simeone are better at this in my view and neither of those is likely to be rocking up at SJP and personally I can see Pardew rocking up  here again if Rafa goes
Bob is to blame

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
Rafa may make a lot of mistakes but the biggest strength he has is he gets results, it may not be pretty but even if he does it in what my opinion is the hard way he gets it done.

Only Mourinho and Simeone are better at this in my view and neither of those is likely to be rocking up at SJP and personally I can see Pardew rocking up  here again if Rafa goes
I would agree with Simeone but Jose to a large extent has bought his way to the top. As for Pardew, if Ashley wants to lose most of his season ticket holders then that is the way to guarantee it.

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 08:56:57 PM »
I would agree with Simeone but Jose to a large extent has bought his way to the top. As for Pardew, if Ashley wants to lose most of his season ticket holders then that is the way to guarantee it.

I think Mourinho at Porto and Inter beat better teams by effective game plans. At real and Chelsea I would tend to agree
Bob is to blame

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
Rafa is loveable but he isn't as world class a manager as has been made out, he has made mistakes and has had some bad spells especially at Napoli and Madrid where he ought to have done better with the teams.

He does have tactical nous and honesty though, and the right attitude and drive to get us to a higher level, and he's the best we can get.

I hope he's backed and we get the right sort of players in - there's a basis of a half decent team if we can sort out the mental frailties...and the defence.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2017, 10:54:06 PM »
If Rafa's not world class he cant be more then a kick in the arse off it. He's more than good enough in my opinion.

Offline max

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 01:40:42 AM »
Rafa is world class

Offline PsyQlix

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 07:22:22 AM »
Some Toon fans has very short memories.

If Rafa walks - we'll see what happens. I can't see many proven managers banging down the door to get the job. We'll then have to take a risk on an up and coming manager who wants to prove themselves - maybe the Fulham or Huddersfield guys, or some guy mid table in Germany, France or Spain. Pot luck, just like every other team below 7th in the Prem.

If Rafa stays, we have at least a chance to build something. His tactical and organisational work will get us an extra 3 or 4 wins. That could be the difference between a nervous 35 point finish or a very comfortable 47 point finish. If you look at how tight the PL is below 7th, then that would be a great first season finish.

He is the only manager with a realistic chance of getting Ashley to back the team and to give Rafa more freedom on who he can bring in. He is the only manager that we can realistically get that has the name and the prestige to tempt better players to come to SJP.

Most of SJP will back him to the hilt tonight, and quite right - he deserves it. He transformed a squad full of egos and misfits into one fully prepared for the Championship campaign. We only have to look at Villa and Norwich to see what could have happened. Madness if we lose Rafa or hound him out like we did Bobby Robson

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 08:00:12 AM »
Rafa is loveable but he isn't as world class a manager as has been made out, he has made mistakes and has had some bad spells especially at Napoli and Madrid where he ought to have done better with the teams.

He does have tactical nous and honesty though, and the right attitude and drive to get us to a higher level, and he's the best we can get.

I hope he's backed and we get the right sort of players in - there's a basis of a half decent team if we can sort out the mental frailties...and the defence.

Winning two la liga's with Valencia in a league historically dominated by Barca and Real,..world class!
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline johndavey11

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
100% the above! rafa had one objective only this season to get us straight back up, and he will achieve that, if he goes we will will get the cheapest option available to replace and be straight back down again. his style of play is not exiting to watch but he will get results, especially away in the prem, where we have struggled so much in the past few years. it all down to ashley now, spent 70 million plus, back Rafa 100% or revert to penny pinching and be back in the championship for 2018 season.make no mistake we are bloody lucky to have him.

Offline suffolkmag84

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:12 AM »
We need to first and foremost keep hold of Rafa. Rafa has been the best thing to happen to Newcastle since Sir Bobby Robson came to Newcastle and Ashley must entrust him with the funds to ensure first of all we survive our first season back and stay in the top 10.

Otherwise, I dread to think what will happen. We do not want another Pardew or Kinnear.

A lot of changes need to be made to personnel.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 10:41:03 AM »
Rafa is world class
There is no world class for soccer Managers. Only European class. Name any top referees from USA, South America, Australia and Asia.