Author Topic: Defoe  (Read 832 times)

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
Defoe
« on: May 12, 2017, 08:59:46 PM »
Moyes shocked that leading scorer Defoe has a 'free transfer if relegated ' clause written into his contract...let the bidding war begin , with Defoe pocketing a nice sum on this one ...Makems were talking upto 10m on the forum last week...a kik in the kok
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Danny_

• Forum member
Re: Defoe
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 04:09:44 AM »
From what I understand he wants a long contract (3 years)  with pretty big wages. At his age I wouldn't be interested in that combination.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 08:05:22 AM »
From what I understand he wants a long contract (3 years)  with pretty big wages. At his age I wouldn't be interested in that combination.
I think Palace are interested they need to stay up having said this.Also he has worked for big Sam before.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline Danny_

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 08:31:59 AM »
I think Palace are interested they need to stay up having said this.Also he has worked for big Sam before.

Good luck to them, I think he can clearly still do a job in the PL but how long that will last I'm not so sure.

Offline IPG

• Forum member
    • Marcasite Jewellery
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »
I think he would not come here even if we went in for him as he will have other offers without the attached hassles of moving to us from the mackems.

A 3 year contract seems a lot but he does take good care of himself. Also the high wages would largely be mitigated by the fact that he will be on a free. For us it would be ideal for Gayle to have someone to learn from imho.

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
I think he would not come here even if we went in for him as he will have other offers without the attached hassles of moving to us from the mackems.

A 3 year contract seems a lot but he does take good care of himself. Also the high wages would largely be mitigated by the fact that he will be on a free. For us it would be ideal for Gayle to have someone to learn from imho.

Which annoys me, Why can't Shearer or another  or a coach work with our strikers. They need it.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »

Which annoys me, Why can't Shearer or another  or a coach work with our strikers. They need it.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline max

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 06:55:23 PM »
Should have signed him 4 years ago. I'm on the fence about getting him now.

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 08:27:26 PM »
rumours that Bournemouth are offering 18m over a 3 year deal...if true they will be giving his over 100k a week when hes about 38 !!!
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 08:02:50 AM »
Rumours are he wants a 6 million signing on fee.

Offline john88

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 02:04:25 PM »
its his last big pay cheque, ashley wont go near him, so whoever wants defoe, will be disappointed in august, cos we wont be getting him. too old now, need to pursue younger targets. this is supposed to be rafa's project, not bring in a short term option, just looking for one last pay-day

Offline intheboxagain

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 05:29:44 PM »
i'd be surprised if he didn't end up in china for his last big pay off & who could blame him, he's 34 /35 ?

never liked him as a player, but you have to rate him, he left spurs 3 or 4 years ago for the MLS , if he was such a great player why wasn't he snapped up by any of the astute premier league managers then?
he's scored goals wherever he's been, can't knock that, but even the mackems have been turning on him lately, for effort , quality & commitment,

Anyone remember he was slated for leaving west ham for the way he did straight after relegation? and  the biting incident he was involved in whilst playing for spurs? when  he got tackled and when both players were on the floor he bit the other player's leg? it seems to have been airbrushed from history.

I wouldn't want a 34 year old defoe at the club, 10 years ago, footballer wise 5 years ago yes, even though i don't like him,  now 100% no chance

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 12:09:57 AM »
Well they did stay up so maybe they will sign him who knows.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 10:21:18 AM »
Its a double edged sword, the cost of staying in The Premiership is so high these days , and the financial rewards are so enormous , that a 6m signing on fee plus wages of ?18m over 3 years is ?24m over 3 years...?8m a year...which in modern terms is looked on as Chickenfeed.
                                        A massive sum in reality, but set against the real cost of a Premier League no9 paid by almost any other club it becomes more realistic. Age is the only thing against Defoe, but he has shown recently that it is just a number...fully expect him to be at Bournemouth or Palace  and him to score 15 plus goals this next season

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
Defoe, King, Benteke, Llorente all around the 15 goal mark, players we should look at.
Think King would definitely come and wouldn't cost the earth
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”