Author Topic: Rainbow Flag  (Read 1843 times)

Offline R S

• Forum member
Rainbow Flag
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »
To be flown in the Gallowgate to show we love LGBTV's. Got to be a good idea. Right?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/nufc-fans-divided-over-lgbt-13260061
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
Re: Rainbow Flag
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:58:28 PM »
Interesting one.

I say fly your flag if you so wish, although I can't understand why anyone would need 'visibility' regarding where you like putting your willy. All seems a bit like that Welsh character off Little Britain to me. 

My thoughts too. You don't see people waving a flag because they are straight.

Offline Jonas14

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:21:31 AM »
Just a personal preference but i dislike this sort of showy virtue signalling.
It should just go without saying.
i don't wear poppies for the same reason mind. So its a personal style choice.

a Rainbow Flag with Geoffrey, Zippy and Bungle would be interesting, just to freak out the opposition.

Offline little toon town

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 12:23:08 AM »
I think it has two ways to look at it:

1. Good idea, shows as a club and a team we are with the LGBT community and welcome them as we should. Also would be one of the first of its kind.

2. Not the best; as much as i'm all for people loving whoever they want regardless, football grounds aren't a place to try and display political and ethical issues, we go there to get away from them if anything!

Regardless, if it goes ahead it's not a big issue in my opinion.
▒▓██ N █ E █ W █ C █ A █ S █ T █ L █ E ██▓▒
▒▓██ U █ N █ I █ T █ E █ D ██▓▒

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 12:37:37 AM »
I think it's fine football has no sexuality
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Scrivener

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 08:46:29 AM »
I think it has two ways to look at it:

1. Good idea, shows as a club and a team we are with the LGBT community and welcome them as we should. Also would be one of the first of its kind.

2. Not the best; as much as i'm all for people loving whoever they want regardless, football grounds aren't a place to try and display political and ethical issues, we go there to get away from them if anything!

Regardless, if it goes ahead it's not a big issue in my opinion.

I suggest you remove all that in bold before your Fatha reads it young man!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GRAMMAR.

The difference between knowing your s*** and knowing you're s***

Offline little toon town

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 10:35:34 AM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
▒▓██ N █ E █ W █ C █ A █ S █ T █ L █ E ██▓▒
▒▓██ U █ N █ I █ T █ E █ D ██▓▒

Offline Skoshi

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »
all a load of politically correct bollocks isnt it.....

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »
all a load of politically correct bollocks isnt it.....

Strapped right on m8  :thumbs:

Offline Scrivener

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
I think LTT might be homeless now :look:
GRAMMAR.

Offline TK

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 03:48:43 PM »
I must be honest, I don't like it at all.... not LGB's or T's (I'm not convinced the trans really fits with "LGB" - on the same note, I wonder if they'll fly the recent mental version that has black and brown stripes added to represent blacks?), but with having this kind of collectivist identity-pride crap pushed in public arenas all over the place - I'd have exactly the same problem with white pride, black pride, muslim pride (etc) being pushed everywhere and just as much discomfort if it were anaethema to disagree with that insertion.

Political agenda's are being pushed into too many arenas these days, sports don't need to insert this stuff all over the place too.

Offline Mr_Grimey

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »
I must be honest, I don't like it at all.... not LGB's or T's (I'm not convinced the trans really fits with "LGB" - on the same note, I wonder if they'll fly the recent mental version that has black and brown stripes added to represent blacks?), but with having this kind of collectivist identity-pride crap pushed in public arenas all over the place - I'd have exactly the same problem with white pride, black pride, muslim pride (etc) being pushed everywhere and just as much discomfort if it were anaethema to disagree with that insertion.

Political agenda's are being pushed into too many arenas these days, sports don't need to insert this stuff all over the place too.

Well, the crux of it here is actually more modernising attitudes in football in general towards those of the aforementioned sexualities / orientations.

There are, as you put it, already white, black and Muslim people both watching and playing football the world over - but I doubt you catch many gay couples chilling happily in the average away section and barely any senior players would admit to it either if they were, even though there invariably are plenty of them.

That is what moments like these are about - not just to go 'yay look at us, we're gay / bi / whatever!!!'.

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2017, 06:56:08 AM »
Well, the crux of it here is actually more modernising attitudes in football in general towards those of the aforementioned sexualities / orientations.

There are, as you put it, already white, black and Muslim people both watching and playing football the world over - but I doubt you catch many gay couples chilling happily in the average away section and barely any senior players would admit to it either if they were, even though there invariably are plenty of them.

That is what moments like these are about - not just to go 'yay look at us, we're gay / bi / whatever!!!'.

Mag.

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »
Will Geoffrey , George, Bungle and Zippy be our new mascots?
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Scrivener

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »
Bungle is already our owner
GRAMMAR.