Author Topic: Mikel Merino. Signed  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Poz

• Forum member
Re: Mikel Merino. Signed
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »
Signed, happy with this deal, looks a real talent is only 21, loan with view for a permanant deal next summer, obviously freeing funds up for this year :thumbs:

Nee funds left according to Lee Ryder :(
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 04:35:11 PM »
Nee funds left according to Lee Ryder :(

It doesn't surprise me. They haven't really generated any money this window, the previous big sales were based on staged payments (Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend and Thauvin) so the money spent so far is probably covering about half the money taken in for these transfers.

I imagine this explains the ?16m or whatever it was demand from Lyon for Mitrovic. They'll never pay that, I reckon... they're just not PSG.

If the team managed to offload De Jong, Riviere, Mbemba, Hanley, Krul, Lazaar, Mitrovic, Colback, Saivet and Gamez, at best they'd be looking at a sum of ?20-?25m for the lot...that won't be enough for a decent striker and / or No.10 in this market.

anyone need a team for League 1? Only costs about ?300k a week in wages...
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline john88

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
Details : Newcastle paying ?2.7million to the Bundesliga side for Merino, a season-long loan with a permanent fee of a further ?6.5million teed up to complete the deal. Good business in all honesty.

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 09:43:07 AM »
Details : Newcastle paying ?2.7million to the Bundesliga side for Merino, a season-long loan with a permanent fee of a further ?6.5million teed up to complete the deal. Good business in all honesty.

The permanent deal based on him playing 20 games, so he will be starting ahead of Hayden who is more the one for the future.
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 10:52:41 AM »
The permanent deal based on him playing 20 games, so he will be starting ahead of Hayden who is more the one for the future.

Thus near identical to the Atsu deal...I wonder if that's 20 apps or 20 starts...I still think Hayden will be first choice though.

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
I thought the Atsu deal was just 'cough up ?6.2m no later than a week after the season ends and he's yours'  :thumbs:

Merino has to be first choice, he's played for Dortmund., Haydens not very good yet and is one for the future.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:26 AM »
I thought the Atsu deal was just 'cough up ?6.2m no later than a week after the season ends and he's yours'  :thumbs:

Merino has to be first choice, he's played for Dortmund., Haydens not very good yet and is one for the future.

*started 2 games in a whole season for Dortmund, and has never played in English football before where the pace of the game could get away from him ala Anita

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2017, 05:35:52 PM »
*started 2 games in a whole season for Dortmund, and has never played in English football before where the pace of the game could get away from him ala Anita

Trust me it wont, The majority of games last season hayden failed to really get hold of things in midfield and will struggle in the prem, he's one for the future, merino's the man and only one way to get him accustomed to english football quickly is to throw him straight in amongst it.

Offline max

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2017, 02:54:59 AM »
Hayden can play at right back with Manquillo until Yedlin returns

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2017, 01:28:41 PM »
Trust me it wont, The majority of games last season hayden failed to really get hold of things in midfield and will struggle in the prem, he's one for the future, merino's the man and only one way to get him accustomed to english football quickly is to throw him straight in amongst it.

You could be correct but Rafa won't do this. Very few Premier League managers would.

Offline Skoshi

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 07:22:35 PM »
Thought the lad was quality today,here is hoping he can keep it up...

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2017, 02:01:32 PM »
Scored first & assist for second 👍🏻

Quality goal he scored

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q46ssOTuM1s

Offline DontSellCabaye

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
Scored first & assist for second 👍🏻

Quality goal he scored

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q46ssOTuM1s

Brilliant
Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.

Offline danny

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2017, 04:07:50 PM »
This boy looks like the real deal... a tad raw but
One day someone is going to kick you in the nuts.... you prob deserved it

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
Hopefully he can do the same against the Stokes, West Broms and Southamptons. That would put NUFC into a safe position.