Author Topic: No money left  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Poz

• Forum member
Re: No money left
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
Just watched the vid from the fans meeting last night and Rafa said quite honestly that we lost all of our first targets.
Now I realise the Chelsea loan striker would be definitely one but was wondering who were the other targets we 'lost'
Thoughts???
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline arfur chimp

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 08:25:36 PM »
It took us ages to get a centre mid so Im guessing Lucas Leiva as it took him a while to move.
Reina rumbled on early in window and then died a death.
Navas was early rumour too but that went dead then we got Murphy.

That would have been horrible three of expensive 30+ signings - Reina and Leiva are good players - Navas looks a fat lot of nothing tho - but if they were top targets then a lucky escape.

*all based on nothing but wild speculation and completely uninformed guesswork

Offline john88

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 08:01:08 AM »
If those names were the ones we missed out on, then thankgod

Rather have exciting younger talent, with untapped potential, than 30+ looking for last paydays.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
It's impossible to understand the finances of the club clearly. I reckon it's more of a cashflow problem than anything else, meaning that fatty isn't letting the cash flow until we have a clear out.

If you think a squad is 22-25 players, 2 players for each position (excluding the keeper), well we have 2 players or more for each position so the depth of the squad is balanced. Gamaz clearly has quality or he wouldn't have played so many games for Atletico, Lazaar is still a totally unknown quantity. We assume that both these players are on the way out, providing we can find a buyer, but I dont think so.

We need 2 more players in my opinion, I think Rafa wants 3.

A keeper

A striker

A creative midfielder.

A squad of 22 players made up of this:

CB's: Lejeune, Lascelles, Clark and Mbemba/Hanley (One to be sold, one kept as 4th choice)

RB's: Yedlin, Manquillo, Gamez

LB's: Dummett, Lazaar (Manquillo/Gamez as a 3rd choice)

CM: Shelvey, Hayden, Merino, Diame, De Jong

RM: Ritchie, Murphy

LM: Aarons, Atsu

Forward: Gayle, Mitrovic.

That's 20 players, 2 more players should be enough, a striker and an attacking midfielder. And of course Rafa is after a new keeper.

People worry about our defence, but we have 6 quality defenders in my opinion. Lejeune, Clark, Lascelles, Yedlin, Dummet and Manquillo with a couple of average players as back up.

I'm a bit p***** and I'm gonna end this here before it becomes a full on ramble. To conclude, the squad is shaping up nicely, the balance of the squad is reasonable to good and we're looking in fair shape for the upcoming season. Team spirit and morale is high, the manager is a tactical genius and we're not spending above our means, which is good.....just in case it does go wrong.

Let's hope we can shift a few out and get one more critical signing, a striker, because that's the only weak spot in our squad that I see right now.

HWTL!
Depends on your definition of weak. Lascelles, Hanley, Gamez, Dummett, Lazar, Diame and Mitro are not PL quality. Hayden is in a learning curve and De Jong is anyone's guess.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »
Just watched the vid from the fans meeting last night and Rafa said quite honestly that we lost all of our first targets.
Now I realise the Chelsea loan striker would be definitely one but was wondering who were the other targets we 'lost'
Thoughts???
It doesn't help when Ashley decides during the transfer window to increase his stake in a fashion Company  to 25%.

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 11:00:00 PM »
It doesn't help when Ashley decides during the transfer window to increase his stake in a fashion Company  to 25%.

Surely NUFC are a separate entity to the rest of the 'empire' with it's own bills and budgets?

We aren't expecting a lot here to see three more quality players go through for about 30 million and then we can sit back and enjoy being competitive in ALL matches -  :thumbs:
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 01:21:48 AM »
Surely NUFC are a separate entity to the rest of the 'empire' with it's own bills and budgets?

We aren't expecting a lot here to see three more quality players go through for about 30 million and then we can sit back and enjoy being competitive in ALL matches -  :thumbs:
At the end of the days it is all Ashley's money no matter where it comes from.

Offline little toon town

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »
Don't believe anything Lee Ryder writes, the man has no clue about anything he writes tbf.. :nonono:
▒▓██ N █ E █ W █ C █ A █ S █ T █ L █ E ██▓▒
▒▓██ U █ N █ I █ T █ E █ D ██▓▒

Offline Leo7

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 06:48:51 PM »
It's impossible to understand the finances of the club clearly. I reckon it's more of a cashflow problem than anything else, meaning that fatty isn't letting the cash flow until we have a clear out.

If you think a squad is 22-25 players, 2 players for each position (excluding the keeper), well we have 2 players or more for each position so the depth of the squad is balanced. Gamaz clearly has quality or he wouldn't have played so many games for Atletico, Lazaar is still a totally unknown quantity. We assume that both these players are on the way out, providing we can find a buyer, but I dont think so.

We need 2 more players in my opinion, I think Rafa wants 3.

A keeper

A striker

A creative midfielder.

A squad of 22 players made up of this:

CB's: Lejeune, Lascelles, Clark and Mbemba/Hanley (One to be sold, one kept as 4th choice)

RB's: Yedlin, Manquillo, Gamez

LB's: Dummett, Lazaar (Manquillo/Gamez as a 3rd choice)

CM: Shelvey, Hayden, Merino, Diame, De Jong

RM: Ritchie, Murphy

LM: Aarons, Atsu

Forward: Gayle, Mitrovic.

That's 20 players, 2 more players should be enough, a striker and an attacking midfielder. And of course Rafa is after a new keeper.

People worry about our defence, but we have 6 quality defenders in my opinion. Lejeune, Clark, Lascelles, Yedlin, Dummet and Manquillo with a couple of average players as back up.

I'm a bit p***** and I'm gonna end this here before it becomes a full on ramble. To conclude, the squad is shaping up nicely, the balance of the squad is reasonable to good and we're looking in fair shape for the upcoming season. Team spirit and morale is high, the manager is a tactical genius and we're not spending above our means, which is good.....just in case it does go wrong.

Let's hope we can shift a few out and get one more critical signing, a striker, because that's the only weak spot in our squad that I see right now.

HWTL!

Dummett Clark Lascelles and Manquillo - quality defenders? Dummett is dreadful! Lascelles has the potential to be a good defender, what were you drinking mate?
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »
Yeah Gaz, what the feck were you drinking?  :suicide:
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Jonas14

• Forum member
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 11:40:02 PM »
Its not so much the individual targets but the predictability that we'd not get them and that they were extremely modest. The same bs that has caused 10years of decline so far. Its anything but sensible.
Could end up like 01/02 when we missed out on Zenden and Jeffers and got Robert and Bellamy who were infinitely better.