Author Topic: Standout player  (Read 991 times)

Offline Leo7

• Getting to know the place
Standout player
« on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:33 PM »
The upcoming 2017/18 season is round the corner.

Who do you lot think will be our go to man this season?

Or standout performers?

For me, Shelvey.

Although I think Lejuene will have a good first season.

I also think if mitro stays he'll have a good one.
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Offline DontSellCabaye

• Forum member
Re: Standout player
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
Got good feelings about Perez & Lejeune for this season. Perez, who is better suited to the PL has looked up for it in pre-season as has Lejeune.

Shelvey guaranteed to play well in my opinion, he's a quality player whatever level he is playing at.
Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 08:48:39 AM »
I'm excited about Merino, he will give us what we have been lacking in midfield

Leo, Mitro was gash in the championship wht makes you think he will have a good season in the prem, he needs to be sold and with Gayle injury prone we need two new strikers urgently
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:17:26 AM »
Aarons if he stays fit
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline TK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »
Leo, Mitro was gash in the championship wht makes you think he will have a good season in the prem, he needs to be sold and with Gayle injury prone we need two new strikers urgently

Surely by now we've got to have learned our lesson WRT selling promising young players while they're still young and improving?

Given a half decent run in the team (which he doesn't get often) he'll come good before too long - would be madness to sell him now IMHO.

Offline TK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
Aarons if he stays fit

So... not Aarons then...

Offline TK

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 05:21:34 PM »
For me, it's probably Shelvey and Ritchie again - they put their shifts in, they make things happen and they generally seem to improve their teammates when they play.

Offline R S

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »
Surely by now we've got to have learned our lesson WRT selling promising young players while they're still young and improving?

Lewis Gibson to Everton. Our best young prospect.  Shirley not.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »

Given a half decent run in the team (which he doesn't get often) he'll come good before too long - would be madness to sell him now IMHO.

..and therefore I would be happy to be proved wrong, It's nowt personal towards Mitro I like everything about him except his lack of awareness, laziness, and inability to put (what at this level good premiership strikers would call) good chances away, he makes scoring goals look p*ss easy for his country, but misses far too many for us,..

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »
..and therefore I would be happy to be proved wrong, It's nowt personal towards Mitro I like everything about him except his lack of awareness, laziness, and inability to put (what at this level good premiership strikers would call) good chances away, he makes scoring goals look p*ss easy for his country, but misses far too many for us,..
Agree. He seems to get a free ride with the fans because he cares or he celebrates like a div. He is nowhere near a finished article, and may never be the finished article.

Offline max

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 06:10:32 PM »
Mitro bashing again!! What is wrong with you guys... Aarons has stood out in pre season. Hopefully he can replicate it in the real league. And yes we do need a striker or 2

Offline IPG

• Forum member
    • Marcasite Jewellery
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 06:34:28 PM »
I think Shelvey, Ritchie and Hayden will perform well and Mitro will silence some doubters.

I reckon Lejeune will be a great buy and am hopeful about Merino.

All that said I think Jacob Murphy will be our "standout player" - maybe not the best player but I think can be the biggest positive surprise.  :thumbs:

Offline max

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 06:38:20 PM »
I think that we are all relying on Merino being a good buy. It would mean everything if he is a great player in the making

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 10:23:44 PM »
Mitro bashing again!! What is wrong with you guys... Aarons has stood out in pre season. Hopefully he can replicate it in the real league. And yes we do need a striker or 2

More importantly what is wrong with YOU? the only reason he's still here is because Benitez is not daft enough to ship him out until he has an adequate replacement

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 11:22:33 PM »
More importantly what is wrong with YOU? the only reason he's still here is because Benitez is not daft enough to ship him out until he has an adequate replacement

Didn't he score yet again today, and give them problems all match...
Seriously we ain't gonna get the new shearer
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”