Author Topic: Newcastle V Tottenham Thread 13/08/17 1:30pm Kick Off  (Read 3910 times)

Offline little toon town

• Forum member
Re: Newcastle V Tottenham Thread 13/08/17 1:30pm Kick Off
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »
Did half of the people here watch the match?! :lol: For 60 mins we easily held our own against apparently "the best 11" in the league, we kept Kane quiet bar the one chance which Elliott made a right save from, and if Perez had played Shelvey instead of Gayle it could've had a different outcome.

As for Shelvey, yes it was so stupid, and not what match day captain should be doing, but anyone saying that he should be dropped and sold is stupid. In the squad he is probably one of a select few who is good enough for this league, and on his day, he see's and reads the game like no other. As for Alli, who played the entire game constantly looking to wind players up, probably should have been booked for throwing the ball away. Kane could've been sent off as well.

Over all I'm happy with what I saw, I think we played well and with another few signings we will stay up, UNITED! :thumbs:
▒▓██ N █ E █ W █ C █ A █ S █ T █ L █ E ██▓▒
▒▓██ U █ N █ I █ T █ E █ D ██▓▒

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2017, 10:52:41 PM »
Spurs started very poorly and grew into the game. Yes they had few chanced, but NUFC didn't do anything in 90 mins that was close to scoring.

The red card only compounded issues. In reality Newcastle were second rate, I watched the game with fans of Spurs, Arsenal and Manchester United and they thought NUFC was dreadful. They complained that there was no clear attacking game plan, that Perez and Ritchie weren't making attempts and that Shelvey kept launching route 1 balls to nowhere. They have no sympathy for the team or the position with a hideous owner either.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
A great occasion spolied by a f*cking idiot, that would be my headline if I owned a newspaper...those who have stopped going because of fat Mike need a rethink, I would not have missed that atmosphere at the start of this match for anything in the world, the love for Benitez is overwhelming at times seriously, and matches anything I felt with SBR and KK, really is heart warming to hear the huge roar from the crowd whenever this little fat balding Spanish fella stands up, or smiles, or waves....No doubt he gets the message we still "want you to staaaaaaaay, Raaafa Ben-it-ez (etc.)"

Having not read any reports I'm hoping Shelveys is not being seen as another racist incident, after his pleading he was not a racist last December, that was a disgraceful incident with Saiss last season I remember typing this

I remember many years ago the then Villa manager john gregory saying if he lived to be 100 he will never undertand what goes on in Collymore's head, Rafa must be thinking the same about Shelvey, regardless if it was mild or full-on racism in the current climate with football worldwide leading the way in kicking racism out of sport and that dumbfuck goes and drags the club through this sh*t, I can't see the FA entertaining an appeal, seriously not on this issue which they have been campaigning for years to get through every footballers thick skull, and most get it, Shelvey however will have to learn the hard way, like all idiots do.  :nonono:

He is one of those players who cannot be calmed down once he see's red, once he goes he goes and nothing anyone can do, and mark my words that will never ever change,..it is a mental issue where everything shuts down and he is literally out of control for those 5 or 10 seconds, other players have had similar problems in the past, Souness for example, I've seen him stand over a player who was already lying down (after being hacked by the scottish c*nt), grab him by the shirt collar and shake his fist right in his face, and Keane was another who could not be calmed down once he lost it, (except when he was grateful to Beckham for dragging him away from Big Al that day)............but like I say Shelvey will never change he was today meant to lead the way lead by example being the highest paid at the club, and the captain, f*cking total waster cost us the match.  :nonono:

Positives for me were Atsu, Toon1 I noticed you said he was better than last season, I reckon that is because he had been loaned out for about four seasons running thrown from pillar to post and just needed a club to make him feel loved and feel wanted and feel settled. today he was fantastic and our best chance of creating something,I also thought Manquillo was great considering all the criticism he has had about his performances for the SMB, rafa was not really sure what to do with only having one choice as a sub, personally i would have had Merino on much sooner, in fact I would have started him ahead of Hayden, he brought some really good vision and calmness to our midfield and should get his chance now that s***-for-brains is banned
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Online peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2017, 11:03:53 AM »
Still no post match analysis from mazme or ace??  :?

(probably because they can't blame Dummett this time  :lol:)
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline French

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
Nice feeling to be back in PL. Quite a different level of excitment and at least we can appreciate the quality of the visiting team  :D

I found the team well drilled 1st half but we were playing incredibly deep. I hope the game plan will not be like that for the rest of the whole season, that is, to play deep and organised in defense, only to strike with rapid counters via our fast wingers.
I found our total absence of presence in midfield shocking, even before the red card. Why De Jong was not even on the bench, I have no idea : we have a potential good number 10 and we don't use him.

Only positives for me were Lejeune and Merino.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2017, 03:17:32 PM »
Still no post match analysis from mazme or ace??  :?

(probably because they can't blame Dummett this time  :lol:)
Shelvey did Rafa a huge favour. By doing what he did he took all the pressure off him. On top of that you have Ashley doing his bit. Dummett did last 6 minutes but let's face it, he was up against Sissoko. Based on his short spell, Merino looks OK.