Author Topic: Paul Mersons prediction  (Read 1266 times)

Online Brian Toon

• Getting to know the place
Re: Paul Mersons prediction
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 10:53:27 AM »
Auto correct fixed my first line  :lol: it was meant to be in a thick Cockney muppet slang

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
Merson has no class and gets far too much attention from everyone.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »
I agree to an extent that we'll struggle due to the lack of transfers but i think we'll finish a few more places better than 17th.

a few places higher was 1 point difference last season, I think Merson is a grade A bell but this isnt something to complain about him for, he is essentially saying we will struggle but we will stay up which I think most would say do you not think?
Bob is to blame

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 08:55:12 PM »
He is a bellend I think we will finish 11-15th but who really knows after the top 6 everyone is much of a muchness I think. It's not a quality league apart from the top teams of course, we shall see what happens hopefully not a repeat of a couple of seasons go!
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline gaspytoon

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 01:53:13 PM »
a few places higher was 1 point difference last season, I think Merson is a grade A bell but this isnt something to complain about him for, he is essentially saying we will struggle but we will stay up which I think most would say do you not think?
With what we've spent on transfers then yes i can understand where he's coming from but i think 17th is just taking the p*ss from this man who always seems to be having a dig at Newcastle!!! I mean look at the other end of the spectrum where Leicester went & won the premiership when they were expected to finish midtable? Just looking forward to hopefully a decent season :thumbs:

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 05:49:25 PM »
With what we've spent on transfers then yes i can understand where he's coming from but i think 17th is just taking the p*ss from this man who always seems to be having a dig at Newcastle!!! I mean look at the other end of the spectrum where Leicester went & won the premiership when they were expected to finish midtable? Just looking forward to hopefully a decent season :thumbs:

teams can always overperform and underperform, we all hope for the best but without the black and white glasses things don't look promising, one of the teams I thought might struggle have just spent 30M on 2 players and one of the others ( swansea) will have a good bit to spend when Siggurdsson goes, if they spend well they could do ok, leaving only the 3 promoted teams and Burnley weak in my opinion

Something Else I noticed today Brighton signed someone for 16M, there can't be many teams with a lower transfer record than us in the prem

Huddersfield?, Burnley?, West Brom?
Bob is to blame

Offline Bob the skutter

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 09:14:57 PM »
that almost sounds like Bob Moncur...  :P

:lol: :lol:
God f***ing damn it Helen, get your s*** together!...