Author Topic: FMA interview  (Read 4613 times)

Offline New Durham Mags

• Getting to know the place
FMA interview
« on: August 11, 2017, 04:49:29 PM »
Hi all im a new member so be gentle  :!
but I have been lurking on here for a good year now :wtf:

just wondering what's everyone's thoughts on the interview ??

im pretty sure big Mike has a few mill lying around to put in to help us out till the TV money starts to filter through !!

Offline dublingeordie

Re: FMA interview
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 05:14:04 PM »

Nothing new from that clown, mentioning that Charnley answers to Rafa seems like a ploy to lay the blame for a lack of quality signings on Benitez. Hope people don't fall for it.

The 200 million thing is already being lapped up by the usuals in the media (merson etc.) as us being delusional. When nobody including Rafa is asking for anything close to it.

God I can't wait for the day we see the back of him.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:47:59 PM »
Usual tripe! We are not asking to compete with Man City ffs

Offline New Durham Mags

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 06:02:09 PM »
Someone correct me if im wrong but im trying to get my head around how much money he has !!

1 thousand million = 1 billion AND Mike is worth 3 billion (give or take) so that's 3 thousand million hes worth ?

so a question is if you were worth 3 thousand pound and Nufc asked for 50 quid would you give it to them ??

Cos if my Maths are correct that's the same as him giving us 50 mill right ???

Offline R S

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:08:34 PM »
Can't see why he bothers to keep us. No ambition, no ultimate goal. It's Groundhog Day every season. At least the paying public know what to expect. Great fans, great stadium, s*** football club.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:56 PM »
Free advertising which he can obtain to his target demographic whilst running the club as a going concern (making no actual investment, running it as cheaply as possible).

I'd love to see how all the Chelsea or Manchester City fans would behave if their club was stripped of assets and run into the ground for the benefit of marketing rather than having wealthy owners spunking their stolen fortunes.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline dublingeordie

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:25:04 PM »
Being worth 3 billion and having 3 billion to spend are entirely different things, (not defending him here btw) He recently bought shares in GAME if I remember rightly, so he's hardly strapped for cash.

Its been obvious that his intention since being in charge has been to make the club entirely self-sustainable i.e only spend a % of what we earn through TV, player sales, tickets etc. Hence the recruitment policy of buying young and cheap and selling on for a higher price. The issue with that is the appointments in management, recruitment and at board level have been so poor that the playing squad and academy has been so crap that we've been relegated twice and the squad has needed an overhaul for quite some time.

The introduction of the massive TV deals and FFP has meant that his strategy of not investing any of his own cash seems normal in the context of the footballing world, but the issue is that similarly sized clubs such as Spurs and Southampton posses better brains and talent when it comes to running a football club, for example we were still buying from Ligue 1 where we had success with Cabaye when our competitors moved onto new markets e.g Southampton getting Mane from Salzburg and Van Dijk from Celtic. Spurs and Everton also moved ahead of us since he got here as a result of the same thing.

This brought us relegation twice which in particular, the 2015/16 relegation meant that smaller clubs such as Palace, Swansea and Bournemouth have now moved ahead of us in terms of spending power. When you look at his time at NUFC it boggles the mind how someone this negligent ever became a Billionaire.

Offline little toon town

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »
Disagree with you all, I feel that this interview there was genuine emotion tbf, not a lot, but enough for him to realise that the club is struggling for funds for players.

"How much has Rafa benetiz got?" He got asked, and mid question he interrupted and said "Not enough". That to me signifies that if the club had got funds, Rafa would have them. We only got less than ?10m for winning the championship, where as Huddersfield got well over ?100m for winning the playoffs, so they can afford to spend like they have, similar to Brighton, as both them teams know that they would struggle hugely in the Prem with their sides.

Where as us, I think in Darlow/Elliot we have low half prem quality keepers, Mbemba was our best defender two seasons ago in the prem, Lascelles and Clark are in the same band as the keepers. Shelvey is well above anything and of last seasons bottom 5 have got. Ritchie rejected West Ham to sign for us after a brilliant debut season in the prem, Gayle has got 15 goals in 27 Prem Starts.

Not worried at all, we need 2/3 players thats it, and even if I trust Rafa, I think we have come back up with a miles better side to the one that went down :thumbs:
▒▓██ N █ E █ W █ C █ A █ S █ T █ L █ E ██▓▒
▒▓██ U █ N █ I █ T █ E █ D ██▓▒

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 12:27:37 AM »
Disagree with you all, I feel that this interview there was genuine emotion tbf, not a lot, but enough for him to realise that the club is struggling for funds for players.

"How much has Rafa benetiz got?" He got asked, and mid question he interrupted and said "Not enough". That to me signifies that if the club had got funds, Rafa would have them. We only got less than ?10m for winning the championship, where as Huddersfield got well over ?100m for winning the playoffs, so they can afford to spend like they have, similar to Brighton, as both them teams know that they would struggle hugely in the Prem with their sides.

Where as us, I think in Darlow/Elliot we have low half prem quality keepers, Mbemba was our best defender two seasons ago in the prem, Lascelles and Clark are in the same band as the keepers. Shelvey is well above anything and of last seasons bottom 5 have got. Ritchie rejected West Ham to sign for us after a brilliant debut season in the prem, Gayle has got 15 goals in 27 Prem Starts.

Not worried at all, we need 2/3 players thats it, and even if I trust Rafa, I think we have come back up with a miles better side to the one that went down :thumbs:
I totally agree think we will finish 11-15th not going to set the league on fire but that's probably as good as it gets in the current climate!
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline marki

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 01:41:02 AM »
bollocks

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 06:35:00 AM »

How do you work out we got 10m while Huddersfield got 100m  :wtf:

I can guarantee we got much higher revenue last year than they did & will do again this year (unless they finish much higher than us in table)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:36:25 AM by Toon1 »

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:04 AM »
Any decent interviewer would have ripped him apart with the true financial facts  :nonono:
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2017, 10:21:12 AM »

Think you're getting a bit confused there LTT, All the talk of that play off final being worth ?100m+ to the winner was basically meaning that they would recieve that at the end of this season which is the same as we will get.

Watching Ashley sitting there virtually pleading poverty just again shows what mugs he takes us all for, the fact that he honestly believes we are so thick to fall for that bullsh*t is such an insult to our intelligence and underlines the deep contempt he has had for the fans for the last ten years is still alive and kicking.  :mad:

I do know that clubs like us would get caught by ffp rules if we spent more than the club is earning... We do need to buy players but it's going to take time to stabilise and be able to attract half decent players, the name of a good manager just doesnt cut it anymore unfortunately and a lot of our fans need to realise that, however to not even be in a position to compete financially with the likes of Watford and Bournemouth is frightening, he's banging on about not having the money that Citeh are throwing around, we dont expect him to cough up that much, just enough to keep us up this season.
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:43 AM »
Great timing too - it was a 'I'm not to blame for what might yet happen' plea.
24 hours before kick off - well done Mike for your timely boost  :wtf:
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline john88

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2017, 10:58:42 AM »
lol imagine believing you only receive ?10m for winning the league, but ?100m for winning the PO's. comical stuff