Author Topic: FMA interview  (Read 3446 times)

Offline French

• Forum member
Re: FMA interview
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/22/mike-ashley-increases-debenhams-stake-20pc/

he's skint you know...spunked the transfer budget on clothes and video games....

You realise that personal wealth and company's assets are 2 different things, right?
Not defending him but the fact that company A buys shares of company B has nothing to do with how rich or not is the owner of the company A.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:01:54 PM by French »

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »
You realise that personal wealth and company's assets are 2 different things, right?
Not defending him but the fact that company A buys shares of company B has nothing to do with how rich or not is the owner of the company A.

True, but he chooses how many shares of Sports Direct he buys and sells and he chooses how much money is in MASH (Mike Ashley Holdings Limited). That he can control as an entity single handedly.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Skoshi

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2017, 06:21:28 PM »
Oh aye thats right sorry my mistake, here's me thinking he was a lieing fat clown when infact he isnt...he likes 5 a side too.. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/mike-ashleys-sports-direct-increases-13525499
 oh and "Earlier this year he also moved into the US retail market by taking control of Bob?s Stores and Eastern Mountain Sports in a $101m (?78m) debt deal." wish i could wallpaper my house with the same s*** he uses....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:23:50 PM by Skoshi »

Offline French

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2017, 11:24:51 AM »
True, but he chooses how many shares of Sports Direct he buys and sells and he chooses how much money is in MASH (Mike Ashley Holdings Limited). That he can control as an entity single handedly.

True. I probably made a shortcut, around the fact that business assets and personal wealth had no direct legal ties.
Yes, he can choose where he puts his money transfered into shares and then these company's shares can be used to invest into other businesses. So, he could invest into NUFC through his company.
There is no doubt that he is a pure money grabber looking for the best return, exploiting employees etc.
And this is precisely why he will never invest further into NUFC. In today's world with inflated transfer fees and obscene wages, I don't think you can make money from football club ownership.
The return he gets from his business invesmtents are surely vastly superior than what he can dream to get from NUFC.
In my eyes, his interview was a message that he wants to sell the club.
The sooner the better

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:29:58 AM by French »

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »
The fat pie man and his puppet charmless have inspired OXO to bring out a new cube. It's name- The Laughing stock.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2017, 01:58:29 PM »
If Ashley, as he stated in his interview, has no money to spend on our club, then where does he find the money from to increase his shares in up market fashion chain Flannels from 51% to more than 75%, more than doubled his stock in French Connection  to 27% and raised his stake in Debenhams to more than 20%.

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2017, 02:12:04 PM »
And bought a car park for 200 mill
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »
And bought a car park for 200 mill

It's a nice car park though.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2017, 04:00:46 PM »
It's a nice car park though.

Chelsea is not as nice as everyone says - trust me, I'm a West Londoner, I know.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.