Author Topic: FMA interview  (Read 3682 times)

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
Re: FMA interview
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
Poor little Mike, the cynic in me says it was an excuse generating exercise to make some of our fans think oh we don't have any money and to also play on the southern media narrative we believe we have a divine right to be in the top 4/5 and compete with the teams up there

Nobody expects us to compete with City but competing with Bournemouth, Palace, Stoke, Brighton and that ilk is more than reasonable
Bob is to blame

Offline Geordiespark

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 12:57:20 PM »
Noticed how he said Rafa could have all the money generated by the club for transfer kitty . Then when the season tickets have been renewed the FCB moves the goal posts . You just cannot believe a word the FB says

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »
After years of saying sod all, why go on Sky a couple of days before the season kicks off to try to justify what we already know ?.As other have said we do not expect him to spend what the top 6 spend..however Leicester have proved that you can still compete with these teams.
                                                          To speak out at this time is to concede we are 2nd or 3rd rate, and cannot do the confidence of the manager or players any good ahead of a game against one of the top 6...my heart bleeds for him, and his wallpaper money
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:23:31 PM by shotleyskunk »
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »
Just wrote a check for 200 million like to buy a plot of land - canny few rolls of wallpaper that :)
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Skoshi

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
stuck with the t**t, hard to believe we put up with him for 10yrs......

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
His lifestyle, however, means that he could drop dead from his diet of kebabs, lager and greggs in the next 10 at least...
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Wallsendlad52

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »
His lifestyle, however, means that he could drop dead from his diet of kebabs, lager and greggs in the next 10 at least...
                           If he did, there IS a god                 

Online Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »
If he knows he cannot compeat he should sell.

Online Brian Toon

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »
Very depressing to be honest from a few weeks ago thinking we have money to spend, figures thrown around of 70 to 100 mil then around 15 mil spent we hear this crap of no money we have to sell to buy wtf. if we sold all the squad we wouldnt get 50 mil who the fcuk wants colback , Hanley , riviere ? ffs even sunlun didnt want copper head.what do we expect we all knew that was horeshit that we have money to spend this always painting over the cracks. The clown said when we win something he would consider to leave well we won the epl last year so pi55 off

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
bollocks
A man of few words,straight to the point.I gather you don't agree with my prediction of us finishing 11-15th😀😀
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 11:15:25 PM »
Ashley runs the club as a going concern financially with as minimal outlay as possible in order to get the free marketing. During this time, pretty much every other owner in the premier league spunks their money away in the hope of short term success. It's a wonder the team can't compete... :suicide:

Anyone thinking the outward perception of the club in this situation is attracting sympathy from other football fans is lunacy - they're happy NUFC is a laughing stock and are baffled by any interest remaining in the team...my friends all support other teams and already think the squad is full of dead end career-ers and openly mock any level of optimism towards the team...

It's repeatedly said that the club cannot attract any players near the calibre necessary...Swansea, Stoke and WBA are seen as more ambitious teams and that's evidenced by their signings.

Offline Jonas14

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2017, 01:56:25 AM »
The above assessment of MA's game has to be sound.
nobody with zero ambition or even negative-ambition can compete with anybody with ambition. No matter the comparative size.
always feel he laughs about these interviews - the not going until we win something was a way if saying 'I'm not going anywhere and were not going to win anything - I'll see to that' and the being open to investment thing - like anybody is going to invest in someone else scheme without something in return ie power. That's effectively saying its not for sale rather than the auspice of inviting interest.

its just grim and I don't know what's to be done, save for dropping out the PL for good (no miss that'll be) and interest and crowds dropping to the point where he's losing money and there's nothing left to sell.

when Rafa goes, its the end to any pretence of being anything other than an advertising wing of his company, way too obviously for many but the last chance will be for us as fans to somehow get our s**t together in the wake of Rafa going and in the heat of the moment do something.

Offline RobAir!!

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »
To put it into perspective where we are as a club right now.

We have signed Joselu from Stoke with Stoke having just signed Jese from PSG (albeit a loan, ex Real Madrid). In terms of position a like for like replacement by Stoke.

This just shows how far we are off a club like Stoke.

Whats the difference in terms of wealth between MA and Stokes owner?

Seeing the Stoke squad now contain :

Jese
Shaqiri
Bojan
Afellay
(All UCL winners btw)

Imagine Rafa having the above mentioned players as his disposal?

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2017, 11:06:27 AM »
To put it into perspective where we are as a club right now.

We have signed Joselu from Stoke with Stoke having just signed Jese from PSG (albeit a loan, ex Real Madrid). In terms of position a like for like replacement by Stoke.

This just shows how far we are off a club like Stoke.

Whats the difference in terms of wealth between MA and Stokes owner?

Seeing the Stoke squad now contain :

Jese
Shaqiri
Bojan
Afellay
(All UCL winners btw)

Imagine Rafa having the above mentioned players as his disposal?

Agree with your statement but these guys have all proven to be unable to improve Stoke to that level.

Offline ledroses

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »
I think the timing of the interview is strange but I do feel the content is genuine.

He doesnt know how to run a football club, he appoints the wrong people at the wrong time and keeps making stupid decisions eg renaming the stadium

I do think he means what he says that every penny the club makes Rafa will get but he has crippled the club in the last 10 years.

I only hope he has finally learnt a few lessons in the last 10 years and will put his trust in a proven manager. Let Rafa take care of the football side and keep the club financially safe whilst looking for investment (Chinese money seems to be going everywhere but the north east)