Author Topic: Lay off Rafa!  (Read 3971 times)

Online Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
Re: Lay off Rafa!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
He'll have made it clear big investment would be needed in the prem to replace the championship players who got us up. You cannot blame Rafa if Ashley wont provide the funds.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
you can't buy Hernandez as he's taken .

even if you got ALL those we'd barely stay up with the rest of the squad, Rafas squad, it's awful.and who's gonna provide the bullets at number 10?

Gomez who I named would be the number 10 - 24 goals & 25 assists in last 90 games

Go on then who would you sign ????

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2017, 12:18:54 PM »
Gomez who I named would be the number 10 - 24 goals & 25 assists in last 90 games

Go on then who would you sign ????

it doesnt matter who we think, my point was would YOU trust Rafa with 100 million right now?

i'm not being paid 5 million a year to find them good or bad.

we need a keeper: Sam Johnstone from Man utd.   10 million

we need a number 10: we have him, Ritchie  free

we need a striker: Danny Welbeck    38 million?

we need a centre half: Robert Huth  20 million

this would give us a stronger look and keep us up, but it's only my opinion 

" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Online OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »

it doesnt matter who we think, my point was would YOU trust Rafa with 100 million right now?

I'd rather not dissect your individual choices there...it's your opinion and you're welcome to them but I wouldn't agree in the slightest...

I don't think it'd hurt for Ritchie to play as no.10 - the team is no longer short on wingers and it is clear that without signings that is the position the team has the most issue with (judging by Forest and Huddersfield).
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline GULLANDTOON

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 03:13:09 PM »
Yes, Rafa's sides play a horribly conservative brand of football which isn't easy on the eye, however, in my opinion this is the approach that best gives us a chance of staying in the division. I would have liked us to show a bit more attacking intent against a side like Huddersfield, so I'm not saying Rafa always gets the balance right.

Would you really trust any other manager that is currently available with this squad though? Any change would be a big gamble. I agree some of Rafa's signings have been underwhelming to say the least, but at the end of the day, the team did get promoted. He should have been given a lot more money to spend this summer, and unless you can make 20 million pound + signings, then it's going to be hard to find any real quality.

Rafa is a club man and he benefits all aspects of the club, not just the playing side of things. He has a positive impact on the community too. Given his track record, and the constraints he's working under, any doubts over his suitability for the role are hugely misplaced in my opinion.

Offline DontSellCabaye

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 05:37:33 PM »
Yes, Rafa's sides play a horribly conservative brand of football which isn't easy on the eye, however, in my opinion this is the approach that best gives us a chance of staying in the division. I would have liked us to show a bit more attacking intent against a side like Huddersfield, so I'm not saying Rafa always gets the balance right.

Would you really trust any other manager that is currently available with this squad though? Any change would be a big gamble. I agree some of Rafa's signings have been underwhelming to say the least, but at the end of the day, the team did get promoted. He should have been given a lot more money to spend this summer, and unless you can make 20 million pound + signings, then it's going to be hard to find any real quality.

Rafa is a club man and he benefits all aspects of the club, not just the playing side of things. He has a positive impact on the community too. Given his track record, and the constraints he's working under, any doubts over his suitability for the role are hugely misplaced in my opinion.

You're right I think. When Rafa was first linked, a few Liverpool fans said that at times, fans are confused/underwhelmed by either a tactical decision or a signing he makes, but to stay behind him as he will definitely come good and there's reasoning behind the decisions he makes. He's one of the most thorough and careful managers in world football and I genuinely believe he will turn our fortunes round given the support and time. No better man.
Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.

Offline marki

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
You're right I think. When Rafa was first linked, a few Liverpool fans said that at times, fans are confused/underwhelmed by either a tactical decision or a signing he makes, but to stay behind him as he will definitely come good and there's reasoning behind the decisions he makes. He's one of the most thorough and careful managers in world football and I genuinely believe he will turn our fortunes round given the support and time. No better man.
  but this is not liverpool ,exp[ect him to f**k of any time soon

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2017, 01:00:58 PM »

wees keys are these keys?
Bob is to blame

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2017, 09:33:36 AM »
wees keys are these keys?

exactly mackem wum  :o
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Scrivener

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »
exactly mackem wum  :o

Where's the like button?
GRAMMAR.

The difference between knowing your s*** and knowing you're s***

Offline Scoot

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2017, 01:37:20 AM »
Can't actually believe people are having a go at Rafa like. f***en staggering. :nonono:

Offline Geordiespark

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2017, 09:32:57 PM »
Fergies first 3 years at Man U was absolute rubbish and he did'nt have a FCB to deal with . Rafa is the best manager for the toon since Keegan and Sir Bobby . Lets give him a break we are only a few games into the Prem .

Offline intheboxagain

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2017, 12:07:30 AM »
benitez is in charge of transfers- he demanded it as part of the deal for him to stay on.

at what point do you question his judgement ?

No manager is bullett proof, not saying he isn't / wasn't a good manager, but is he now? hes's not known as a motivator,  his signings are pretty much hit & miss, when the purse strings are tight you can't afford too many misses- like it or not  rafa has f***ed up this transfer window and he knows it but everyone will blame ashley so its ok

ps. nufc under ashley will never progress but this time the buck stops with benitez in my opinion

Offline Jonas14

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2017, 12:34:47 AM »
he's done everything asked of him, promotion, nearly kept a side up that was already down, sold the riff-raff to bring players in (good MA scam/lie) - all the while swimming upstream unlike all of his contemporaries including Huddersfield and the like who are trying.
If Ashley owned Huddersfield they'd more likely be in the conference than the premier league, given he runs us like premier league era Wimbledon and Swindon, he'd run Huddersfield like fkn Emley.

you can't question Rafa's judgement because he hasn't been allowed to sign his first, second or third choices but he had to bring someone in. His judgement is not on display so you can't judge it.
look what Keegan brought in under MA, compared to what he did when he was backed.

Offline intheboxagain

• Forum member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2017, 02:11:28 AM »
he's done everything asked of him, promotion, nearly kept a side up that was already down, sold the riff-raff to bring players in (good MA scam/lie) - all the while swimming upstream unlike all of his contemporaries including Huddersfield and the like who are trying.
If Ashley owned Huddersfield they'd more likely be in the conference than the premier league, given he runs us like premier league era Wimbledon and Swindon, he'd run Huddersfield like fkn Emley.

you can't question Rafa's judgement because he hasn't been allowed to sign his first, second or third choices but he had to bring someone in. His judgement is not on display so you can't judge it.
look what Keegan brought in under MA, compared to what he did when he was backed.

so at what point is it ok to question his performance then ? everyone in every job should be accountable mate