Author Topic: crisis united v happy hammers sat 3pm  (Read 3656 times)

Offline ToonArmyFan

• Forum member
Re: crisis united v happy hammers sat 3pm
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »
Really hope lanzini doesnt come on

Offline ShearLegend

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 04:03:51 PM »
great work rate throughout the team, everyone running for the ball.. Richie is a class above everyone else though. :) love the dedication from Atsu n Joselu as well.

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 04:16:08 PM »
3 points is what we need. I can't watch the game someone pm me a river
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline ToonArmyFan

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »
2-0 clarke get innnnnnnnnnn

Offline john88

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2017, 04:38:42 PM »
fully deserved, cracking team performance, given it all.

Offline ToonArmyFan

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2017, 04:47:47 PM »
3-0 get in

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2017, 05:01:13 PM »
f***ing get in there :) that was comfortable and if anything we should of had few more

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2017, 05:04:19 PM »
BBC said Little Pea(nis) should have been sent off. Isn't that 3 games in a row (Kane, Mouni?, Hernandez)?
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline max

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2017, 05:15:19 PM »
Just what we needed before an international break. 3 points in the bag. Let's see what we can do in the last days of the window now

Offline DontSellCabaye

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »
Fantastic performance from everyone, but especially Matt Ritchie for me who was absolutely sensational in his effort and quality on the ball today.

West Ham have good attacking players but we gave them absolutely nothing all game and troubled their poor defence almost every time we tried.

f***ing loved watching that. Fired up!
Most people gaze neither into the past nor the future; they explore neither truth nor lies. They gaze at the television.

Offline gaspytoon

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »
Fantastic performance from everyone, but especially Matt Ritchie for me who was absolutely sensational in his effort and quality on the ball today.

West Ham have good attacking players but we gave them absolutely nothing all game and troubled their poor defence almost every time we tried.

f***ing loved watching that. Fired up!

Couldn't of put it better myself, proud of the lads after a few bad weeks  :thumbs:

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2017, 05:57:42 PM »
Yep never saw that coming but pleased as punch. Great result hopefully we can kick on from this fine performance. We could even be the main game on M.O.D. All the pundits on Sky went for a West Ham win but listening to the coverage of the game it sounded like we really deserved the result. Of course it is only one win and I won't get carried away,but it makes for a pleasant evening that's for sure!
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline dublingeordie

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »
Brilliant result and performance. Thought everyone did really well, Ritchie, Atsu and in particular Merino were the standouts I thought. With Merino you can tell that he's been exposed to a great standard of coaching when he was younger his decision making and ability to get the ball out from his feet are so quick. We had more presence in the final third today as well with Joselu, Perez and then Mitro when he came on.

Few ropey moments with Elliot in goal, particularly his kicking. You can see why we've been linked with someone like Pepe Reina.

Looking forward to Swansea now hopefully we don't pick up any injuries over the international break and Lejeune and a some of the other guys injured today are back, that will give us nearly a full deck with possibly a few more in the door by then too for a key run of games.

Offline JonnyThaiwongy

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 10:52:57 PM »
GET IN!! Hafta say before Spurs, I expected to lose 2-0 but be destroyed. Was so proud of the performance. Thought despite losing, we aren't going down, and even if we do, I don't care. The lads are committed, bar a couple of idiots, like Shelvey. When he got himself 3 matches I thought, f**k Merino will be ruined as a player in England. My God he is good. Best midfielder we've had in years. We'd want to finalise the deal now. Southampton had Alderweireld on loan with option to buy, but Spurs swooped in, got him for 13 mil. I'd be gutted to lose Merino, looks the complete midfielder, strong mentality as well it looks like. Despite this, I felt we wouldn't win against Huddersfield, with Lejeune out and Mounier looking unreal. Mooy, their midfielder was some signing. Still another committed performance, the lads don't let their heads go down. After Pardew, McClaren, the absolute cowardice surrounding the team, I'll be forever grateful and in awe of Benitez for recognizing the problem at Newcastle was entirely our mentality. Today I was worried, because as good as performance and mentality had been, 3 losses going into the break would have been a shammer blow...but my god, the one touch football was beautiful at times. I really can't believe how well they played. Mitro must stay, can't sell him just when he looks like he's settled down and got some confidence. Him and Perez really have an understanding as well. I was unimpressed when I heard Joselu, but he looks very good. Proud to be a Geordie always, but optimistic and enoying it now, Rafa you goddamn genius.

Offline IPG

• Forum member
    • Marcasite Jewellery
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 11:32:29 PM »
Really pleased with the result and actually even more pleased with the intensity and determination of the players.  :thumbs:

Thought Ritchie was excellent and Merino and Joselu look like good signings and getting Atsu for the money we did looks like a real steal given the current market.

One result doesn't change the fact that we have a fairly limited squad but it is good to see that positive attitude from players and fans can help us a lot.