Author Topic: Toon players bonus  (Read 1505 times)

Online peachy

• Forum member
Toon players bonus
« on: September 03, 2017, 01:44:33 PM »
The players will share ?1million if they finish 17th one place above the relegation zone in the Premier League this season. And the proposed bonus, which is being considered by the squad, will increase by ?1million per league place.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-newcastle-s-premier-league-bonus-offer-to-players-1-8733852
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:45:21 PM by peachy »
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Bob the skutter

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
Re: Toon players bonus
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
Yeah, I read about this. It equates to roughly a weeks wages.
God f***ing damn it Helen, get your s*** together!...

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
Re: Toon players bonus
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »
Yeah, I read about this. It equates to roughly a weeks wages.

Other clubs offer significantly higher...needless to say.

I do not accept that the club can only afford to pay ?60k salaries to it's top 1/2 players and can only buy ~10m players when relegated. It's not just the fact that other clubs are throwing more money around.

If each season ticket brings in ?700 and 45000 are sold (sorry I don't know the figures) that pulls in ?31m a season, plus the fact that SJP is sold out virtually every match. That equates to a roughly a third the annual income of the club (most stats on this indicate mutual numbers coming in for TV revenue and other commercially sourced income e.g. shirt sales, advertising, licensing, concerts at SJP etc.). So the club roughly gets in ?90-100m a season in the premier league in income. If you have 30 players on an average of 30k a week, you're paying them roughly ?47m a season (30k x 30players x 52weeks). Say another ?5-10m goes into running costs, staff and another ?5-10m goes into facilities, training ground costs etc. and another ?5-10m in operating expenditure, I calculate that there's a net surplus available of ?30m a season. When you get relegated, that net probably goes to ?0m. When Ashley only spends on relegation / the threat of it, plus earning surpluses from his 'player trading', we know the books are being cooked for him to skim plenty of money off the top every season.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.