Author Topic: Swansea v Newcastle  (Read 3309 times)

Offline john88

• Getting to know the place
Re: Swansea v Newcastle
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »
The organisation is clear to see. Last time around with McClaren we were headless chickens. Today is pretty much the reason why Ashley will be more confident in his ways in the market. Whereas McClaren failed, it's likely that even on a shoe string budget, Rafa alone, can organise & pick up results to see us out of a relegation scrap. It won't be pretty, but it will probably get the job done.

Offline marki

• Forum member
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2017, 08:43:31 PM »
paul merson eat ur heart out nugget  :D

Offline t00nraider_

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:33 PM »
"Mark Lawrenson believes Newcastle United will lose when they travel to Swansea on Sunday in the Premier League."

"Michael Owen believes that Newcastle United will suffer a defeat against Swansea and has stated that it isn?t looking good for manager Rafael Benitez."

"?Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson reckons Newcastle United will lose to Swansea City thanks to the Swan?s ?Premier League class. Newcastle had a superb result against West Ham but I think the Premier League class will show in this one. Swansea have been there and done it and will have too much for Newcastle.?

*Snigger
#SportsDirectShame

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2017, 10:17:36 PM »
i actually thought Perez was decent going forward today... maybe i was watching something else :)

Offline john88

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2017, 10:30:32 PM »
Perez is consistently awful. If we actually had a decent support player behind Joselu, we could cause considerably more damage than what we do now. He's so physically out of his depth it's untrue. Weak, ponderous on the ball, rarely troubles the back of the net, so puzzling as to what Rafa sees in him.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:40:35 PM by john88 »

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2017, 11:35:13 PM »
Another inquest on MOTD2 calling for Ritchie to be banned for the same length as Mane.

Wonder if they ever pick on other teams occasionally?
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Finnish Geordie

• Forum member
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2017, 04:01:43 AM »
"Mark Lawrenson believes Newcastle United will lose when they travel to Swansea on Sunday in the Premier League."

"Michael Owen believes that Newcastle United will suffer a defeat against Swansea and has stated that it isn?t looking good for manager Rafael Benitez."

"?Sky Sports pundit Paul Merson reckons Newcastle United will lose to Swansea City thanks to the Swan?s ?Premier League class. Newcastle had a superb result against West Ham but I think the Premier League class will show in this one. Swansea have been there and done it and will have too much for Newcastle.?

*Snigger

Haha.
Enjoying this win even more
Double Demba on the rocks, please

Offline TK

• Forum member
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2017, 07:05:51 AM »
Can't remember the last nufc side that looked capable of "grinding put" results against the teams around us - that kind of display certainly ought to give us confidence that we've got what it takes to stay up (barring massive upstairs cockup).

Merino looks like a proper gritty little f******, exactly what we needed!

Offline arfur chimp

• Forum member
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2017, 11:22:36 AM »
Giving west ham a shoeing and now a good 3 points on road. Not sure how as i still think our team looks pretty weak but l hope they show me up to look like a proper mug.

Merino is loan to buy if we stay up?

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »
Good win, I'm very happy, I wasn't expecting it. I thought Swansea were poor and didn't deserve more than a point. A very hard earned win and should provide a lot of confidence, going into the Stoke game - nothing less than a draw is acceptable now.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Online PsyQlix

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »
Man for man, there are not many from our squad that supporters from other teams would want. That might change by the end of the season. The training that they get makes them look better as a collective. Hayden does not have a great touch, nor does he pass well in tight spaces or hold it well. No good for a team like Arsenal. He is a terrific athlete, great work rate, has a superb attitude and is willing to learn. In this system I rarely see him caught out of position or lose the ball in a bad area. He wins plenty of ball, keeps it simple but also gets into forward positions when the time is right. He looks a good player and is important to us.

We may or may not get a result against Stoke. They are no mugs. But I would bet on us being in the game and with a chance of getting something from it. In all 4 games this season we have been in with a chance of getting something. That's a very welcome change for the Toon in the PL. Other than against the top 6 we should expect to get something from the game. With our thread bare squad, that is over achieving.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2017, 03:35:32 PM »
I for one like that we're no longer conceding absolutely sh*** goals and our defence isn't a shambolic mess like it was with O'Brien, Bramble, Boumsong, Onyewu, Taylor, Cacapa, Coloccini etc.

Tony Pulis, Mourinho, Conte etc. have it right, it all starts from the back
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »
Oh for the halcyon days of Taylor and Bramble :)
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline dublingeordie

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
Think we are also seeing the benefit of what competition for places does to a squad. Very few certain of their name on the teamsheet. this pushes players on in training and on matchday, under previous mgmt players like Sissoko, Cisse, Colo, Janmaat all became fixtures in the team and the complacency was evident.

The gameplan though, this is where the real difference can be seen, nothing suicidal like 5-1 away to Palace, or the routine dismantling at Southampton. We look organised in strategy and most importantly well drilled and disciplined enough to carry it out.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2017, 11:02:17 PM »
Perez is consistently awful. If we actually had a decent support player behind Joselu, we could cause considerably more damage than what we do now. He's so physically out of his depth it's untrue. Weak, ponderous on the ball, rarely troubles the back of the net, so puzzling as to what Rafa sees in him.

He is a fellow countryman.