Author Topic: Club Take-Over 2018  (Read 10820 times)

Offline R S

• Forum member
Re: Club Take-Over 2018
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 03:03:58 PM »
She's after Liverpool. Talks underway since the beginning of the year.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 03:49:11 PM »
3 things:

1 - Nothing concrete yet, so not worth getting overexcited about
2 - Stadium expansion is effectively impossible thanks to Ashley selling off land around the stadium

3 - Amanda Stavley is kind of MILFtastic.

This was talked about but as far as I know it didn't happen did it?
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Bob the skutter

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »
She's a Liverpool fan.

Mind you it is amusing seeing the mongs on RTG getting excited after one of their number posted that she was there to secretly meet Short.
Scoot and Poz like to go ballroom dancing. Poz always leads. Scoot insists...

Offline Basileus

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 07:50:48 PM »
It would just be more of the same. Little investment and just taking.
If it's Arabs, THEN I'd get excited. Not Americans, not far east and certainly NOT British millionaires
Arabs throw money at it to get it right. Russkis do too
The rest have proved to be disasters
Its no coincidence tht BY FAR the best academy's are Chelsea's then a fair way back, Man City - another way back Man U (nowhere near as productive as they were) and then a LOOOOONG way behind are the rest
With Newcastle among the furthest back (Beaten by Port Vale FFS..... another example of great players rarely make good coaches with Beardsley)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 07:54:05 PM by Basileus »

Offline Jonas14

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 02:01:39 AM »
Well when you see the lack of investment in our first team, you've got to imagine the dregs beneath it.
and almost anybody would be an improvement as an owner - similar investment without the malevolence and stupidity, more investment with stupidity, more investment and common sense.

aye if nothing else it was fun to see mackems with Short Out' avatars talking about how we'd lose our souls and credibility if a takeover happened.

just hope that one of the few people in the world who has the wherewithal to meet the asking price of the owner, who apparently wants to sell, sitting a few seats away from our people wasn't totally squandered.
at least give me that.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 10:12:33 AM »
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Leo7

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »
Apparently that Staveley is wanting to get us took over before new year.  Would you lot want us to be bought out by a owner like city's?
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Online Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 07:56:35 PM »
YES.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 08:00:55 PM »
Apparently that Staveley is wanting to get us took over before new year.  Would you lot want us to be bought out by a owner like city's?

Nah I?d hate to watch us buy some the best players around and win things whilst having an owner who ploughs fortunes into helping to regenerate the local area

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 10:33:53 PM »
She was also at the Stoke game at home ,as well as the Liverpool game. A friend of Rafa , and with the club on the open market, and her having control of billions plus contact with the worlds rich and famous.This.. thank god, could be the beginning of the end of Ashleys ownership.
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Leo7

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 10:56:28 PM »
Nah I?d hate to watch us buy some the best players around and win things whilst having an owner who ploughs fortunes into helping to regenerate the local area

Totally agree mate, was just curious as I saw some lads on twitter saying "Aslong we wouldn't overspend and lose the identity of the club but we progress id be happy"

Doubt theyd be crying if it was signing neymar for 200 odd million like  :lol:
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2017, 01:02:19 AM »
So Ashley has made 60 million selling off the land behind the Galllowgate surely that brings any selling price down to 320 million - fat clown had better sell or I swear I'll kill the fat greedy southern bar steward.

He can then take over some other unfortunate club and stick his obscene advertising any fukin where he fancies - Crystal Palace I HOPE
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Bob the skutter

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
So Ashley has made 60 million selling off the land behind the Galllowgate surely that brings any selling price down to 320 million - fat clown had better sell or I swear I'll kill the fat greedy southern bar steward.

He can then take over some other unfortunate club and stick his obscene advertising any fukin where he fancies - Crystal Palace I HOPE

Ah but surely you know that doesn't count. Neither do all the millions he's squired through things like massive increase in operating costs' and millions spent on training ground shrubbery.

Beside, she wasn't here for us, she has been watching Liverpool with a view to putting in a new bid.

Online Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 10:05:37 PM »
If the latest reports can be believed its either Liverpool or us. Liverpool have slapped a massive pricetag on themselves sooooo!!!

Offline Bob the skutter

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 10:07:13 PM »
?1 billion I believe.