Author Topic: Next 4 games  (Read 4847 times)

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
Next 4 games
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:32:22 PM »
Got 4 very winnable games coming up, although suspect Southampton and Burnley will be tough to win. No real injury worries bar Haidara and Dummett.

Southampton A (12th), not really in any kind of form, but good record against us at home.

Palace H (20th), leakiest defence, lots of key injuries, no strikers, yet to score, terrible recent record against us. Play Chelsea at home next.

Burnley A (6th) in good form and look strong at home, stingy defence, more hard working than quality. Very even head-to-head historically. Monday night game. Got West Ham and Man City away before they play us though.

Bournemouth H (19th), got a leaky defence, lost 5 games already, however few key injuries returning and been unlucky of late. Again a mixed record against them.
They play Spurs and Stoke away and Boro and Chelsea at home before we play them like.

Tempting fate here aren't I.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
Re: Next 4 games
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:37:03 PM »
Got 4 very winnable games coming up, although suspect Southampton and Burnley will be tough to win. No real injury worries bar Haidara and Dummett.

Southampton A (12th), not really in any kind of form, but good record against us at home.

Palace H (20th), leakiest defence, lots of key injuries, no strikers, yet to score, terrible recent record against us. Play Chelsea at home next.

Burnley A (6th) in good form and look strong at home, stingy defence, more hard working than quality. Very even head-to-head historically. Monday night game. Got West Ham and Man City away before they play us though.

Bournemouth H (19th), got a leaky defence, lost 5 games already, however few key injuries returning and been unlucky of late. Again a mixed record against them.
They play Spurs and Stoke away and Boro and Chelsea at home before we play them like.

Tempting fate here aren't I.

Aye
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Finnish Geordie

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 03:55:04 AM »
Im afraid that Palace game :suicide:

Some day they have to start picking up points you know? They have Chelsea next and I think they have made their minds after that their season starts again...

I dare to say though we can get 7 points from those games wich would be fantastic.
Double Demba on the rocks, please

Offline john88

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
agree, the palace game has the story written already. 0-1 to palace, their first win and first goal. we always like to self-destruct and embarrass ourselves on a frequent basis. hoping palace actually score vs chelsea just to get that monkey off their back.

as for the four games, i'd snap 7 points off someone's hand right now. two home wins and 1 away draw.

if we persist with perez & joselu though, you can write off getting 7 points, it will be more like the 4 to 6 point mark.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:13 PM »
Southampton i'd play Mitro like they have strong defenders, he scored against them last time too.

Palace would be more inclined to play Joselu/Gayle.

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 07:56:23 PM »

just keep picking up points, these threads never work out, if we can get to 20/25 points by xmas it will be on the way to safety.

35-40 points first , then job done, relax, no easy games  :thumbs:
" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 12:09:17 PM »
I reckon this will return 5 points. In hindsight, a win over Palace and draws with Burnley and Bournemouth will seem frustrating but I don't think NUFC have the attacking prowess.

The real question is - with the team set up the way that it is and with the proposition of Rafa staying, would you take Zaha and Bentekers from Palace for ?40m for next season? With the current style of play that may work for a while against mid-table clubs...
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline southern_toon

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:11:24 AM »
would be happy with 6 points from that

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
I am just going to take every game as it comes Saints away take a draw and move on. Our record against them is shocking!
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline john88

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 04:51:47 PM »
Im afraid that Palace game :suicide:

palace just done over chelsea, so gonna be full of confidence now. zaha back too. not easy at all

Offline Finnish Geordie

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 06:07:35 AM »
Yup, its gonna be tough. They will defend and we have to take the ball controll I guess. But, we are tough to beat for anyone.

Maybe its good they won Chelsea, we are more aware of them :thumbs:
Double Demba on the rocks, please

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »
If they lost everyone would be panicking that they?d get first win against us
Now they?ve won they panic as they will be confident

:lol: can?t win either way

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 09:54:56 PM »
If someone had said a point in advance I'd have taken it, owing to NUFC's record in Southampton.

Having watched the game and seen Newcastle winning for ~50min of it, I'm kind of annoyed at not leaving with all 3 points.

The team played well today - not brilliant or amazing, just well. 2 goals from open play is always nice.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Basileus

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 12:23:14 PM »
Palace aren't a bad side and ARE in a false position. They'll not be bottom at seasons end

As for Sunday's game. Would have taken a point before game, disappointed at the daft lunge when not needed by Lejeune who otherwise played well. That Irish t**t was just hoping for an excuse to dive. Lejeune nearly won it at end too. Happy enough. Lads are settling into the league. Beat Palace and the world is a beautiful place. Lose and its a shithole :lol: :o
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:26:38 PM by Basileus »

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »
4 from 6 so far. Would be happy with that same ratio before the run of tough ones