Author Topic: andy cole  (Read 2796 times)

Offline peachy

• Forum member
Re: andy cole
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »
He's allowed respite. He's also allowed to say it wasn't perfect. People need to get over themselves. Imagine being a plumber and people only wanting to tell you about their leaky toilet.

You're comparing the lifestyle of a muliti-millionnaire footballer to that of a plumber?

Get a grip lad  :roll:
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 08:07:42 AM »
The amount of money a person has/makes has no impact on their emotional wellbeing.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 08:17:28 AM »
The amount of money a person has/makes has no impact on their emotional wellbeing.

Well I totally disagree with that statement deffy, totally.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 08:26:43 AM »
Some people just cant take the constant attention they get. Just have to look at George Best and Gazza to see that.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »
Some people just cant take the constant attention they get. Just have to look at George Best and Gazza to see that.

Not true, They were both attention SEEKERS if anything, Best just wanted to drink and sh*g beauty queens because that is just the way he was, he loved football, the adulation of the fans, the fame, the money, but he was always going to be an alcohollic regardless of what job he did, Gazzas problems started towards the end of his career, in fact once he married that bloody dreadful woman who would never have looked at him twice had he not been a famous rich footballer all she wanted was his kid then she had him exactly where she wanted him and thats where his big problems started, nothing to do with fans constantly harrassing him or anything like that and ofcourse once he had finished football he said because footballers are so over-pampered he didnt even know how to write a cheque out himself because clubs do everything for the players except wipe their fooking arses, and yet the likes of Cole STILL have something to whinge about, yes we love our football up here, and if fans met him in town what does he expect them to talk about, knitting perhaps? or cake decoration? the guy even moaned about being called Andy because his mum likes him to be called Andrew,.....you couldn't f*cking make this sh*t up, seriously.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
As part of my job I had to take a course on how to handle people with emotional issues. Vast wealth does not automaticaly mean emotional/mental stability. You gain money whike you are born with emotional stability.

Offline Basileus

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 03:25:14 PM »
I agree with the original poster. This stinks of whining bullshit.
I seem to recall Cole joined in an anti-Newcastle song that a couple of Man players actually apologized for after the 99 cup final. No apology from Cole.
You can bet if he DIDN'T get the idolatry he'd have whined about the reasons WHY he wasn't getting it. (Usual PC crap I'd guess)
Of course if you're dining etc in the Manchester area you're not going to be bothered with Man U fans, now are you ?

Offline Basileus

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 09:55:32 PM »
You're comparing the lifestyle of a muliti-millionnaire footballer to that of a plumber?

Get a grip lad  :roll:
I mean look at the pompous whining self-obsessed NFL "knee protesters" for these creatures living on a different planet full of self-everything

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 10:49:02 PM »
I mean look at the pompous whining self-obsessed NFL "knee protesters" for these creatures living on a different planet full of self-everything

they dont know they're facking born mate

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »
As part of my job I had to take a course on how to handle people with emotional issues. Vast wealth does not automaticaly mean emotional/mental stability. You gain money whike you are born with emotional stability.

...or you're born with emotional instability in his case,,

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 11:04:36 PM »
...or you're born with emotional instability in his case,,

If thats the case no amount of money will make him happier.

Offline TT

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 12:02:07 AM »
So chirpy...Georgie Best and Gazza born with alcoholism ?
Family have any history of this on their scale?
Think you?ll find the answer is no.
Do you not think fame and fortune had anything to do with Gazza?s ultimate fate?
You obviously have no f***ing idea about mental health issues that be enhanced in any shape of life wether it?s fame/wealth or everyday life.
Can you explain Gary Speed committing suicide?... was he cry out for attention as you and basstadious reckon?
Plus who the f**k gives two f***s what Andy Cole thinks.... the lad has only suffered from kidney complaints for years...wouldn?t wish that on anyone even f***ing s*** posters like yersel.

Forum big boy.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 09:19:22 AM »
I'm sure I read that Georgie Bests mum was an alcoholic/

Gazza had treatment for depression aged 13 so you can't say his problems started totally when he was rich and famous, aged 10 he took his freinds little brother to a sweet shop and the kid ran across the road and was killed by an ice-cream van and Gazza has always blamed himself for that incident.

Neither me or that other person have even mentioned Gary Speed, and what has he got to do with Coles ridiculous comments anyway?

Ofcourse we give a f*ck what Andy Cole says, he will always be remembered as one of our best ever strikers, one of the big four alongside Gallacher, MacDonald and Shearer, I was there for the 7-1 in '93 against leicester and to hear the andy cole chant being sung by all four sides of the ground was deafening, the love for this bloke was unbelievable, fans even slagging Keegan off for selling him,....so when he says daft things like the fans wouldn't leave him alone when he was out with his lass (erm who he assaulted a few years later) then obviously we are gonna talk about it.

The lad was only here a couple of years scored 68 goals in 85apps which by anyones standards is an absolutely phenomenal strike rate, his place in toon history as one of the greats is well and truly banked......so why the hell does he need to add this to it? why not just accept that being rich and famous is not always a bed of roses.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2017, 12:21:46 PM »
It's abundantly clear that people don't accept mental health as a concern all the time because it isn't something visible and there are simple reasons why it shouldn't be a problem.

The truth is everyone has complexes and a chip on their shoulder about something, even if it is minor or they are good at suppressing it. People are allowed to not like their jobs, or just aspects of them. This isn't China, we're allowed to have free thoughts and expression.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 07:36:08 PM »
Oh I'm all for free thoughts and expression mate, I'm not asking for him to be shot or anything f*ck sake, but in this case I just don't understand why he would want to tarnish the memories the fans have of him as a great striker by bringing these things up 20 years later, I don't see what he has to gain from it,