Author Topic: andy cole  (Read 2839 times)

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
Re: andy cole
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
Oh I'm all for free thoughts and expression mate, I'm not asking for him to be shot or anything f*ck sake, but in this case I just don't understand why he would want to tarnish the memories the fans have of him as a great striker by bringing these things up 20 years later, I don't see what he has to gain from it,

Likely to be something he was asked about - these guys only impart views through that or while working in punditry or writing a memoir
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2017, 10:54:45 AM »
Yes we know it was something he was asked about it was a question and answer session with fans in FourFourTwo.

Q:  A mad Newcastle fan got a tattoo of you on his leg just before you signed for Man United. Did he ever get in touch, asking for his money back? Seriously, though, what was it like to be in a football-mad city like Newcastle?
Matt Wilding, Crouch End

A: "He never got in touch, but I?m sure he regretted it. It was so big that even laser treatment would have taken a long time. I enjoyed it at Newcastle, but it was difficult playing there. I was a young man and struggled to deal with the level of adoration. I just wanted to play football, go home and go out with my mates.

When I went out, some punters would say, ?Well done?. That was fine. Others wanted to hold court with you. I could be having a meal with my missus and people would come up and want to get involved in the conversation. It did my fruit in. I loved my football at Newcastle, but I felt trapped. And the more goals I scored, the worse it got. From the milkman to the bloke in the paper shop, everyone wanted to talk about football, football, football".

Now clearly most on here have no problem with that, which is fine, personally I think he could have avoided anything that can be seen, or some say misconstrued, as a dig at toon fans by whom he was idolised, I'm sure that can't be the first time he's been asked a question like that, so why bring it up 20 years later?  very disappointing if you ask me.
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2017, 11:06:15 AM »
Dont see anything wrong with his answers.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2017, 11:29:39 AM »
I see it as someone who is p***** off at getting no privacy. Being harrased by idiots when hes out with family/friends. Id be p***** off too.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
You calling toon fans "idiots" now ?  :! :!

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »
You calling toon fans "idiots" now ?  :! :!

If they harrass someone whos out with friends/family they are.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2017, 03:04:50 PM »
Many years ago I was in asda when it was part of the metrocentre and Pav (R.I.P.) was in shopping with his missus, they got thru the checkout and were walking towards the exit when a young girl approached him for his autograph and he kindly obliged, and while he was signing for her another two girls ran up for his autograph, suddenly lasses started appearing from everywhere, at first his wife just waited patiently but once he was surrounded she just turned away shaking her head and pushed the trolley out to the car, meanwhile Pav was smiling and happily chatting with the lasses as he signed his name wherever they wanted it signed, on another evening I saw Beardsley in the same shop pushing a trolley and he had his little daughter (must have been Stacey,...obviously) sat in the baby seat facing him, think she must have been about 2 or 18mths old, and he had his face really close to hers and was saying "We're going round to the sweets now, mmmm chocolate and sweets..." which my lass at the time thought was really cute,  :roll:  :yawn: but anyway a member of asda staff asked him for his autograph and he signed it but carried on talking to the baby at the same time then another few lads wanted his autograph and i could tell he was starting to get flustered, now this i can understand because the bairn was starting to get a bit upset and started crying which as any lad on here who has kids knows is the last thing you want.

Offline Scrivener

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2017, 06:07:38 PM »
As part of my job I had to take a course on how to handle people with emotional issues. Vast wealth does not automaticaly mean emotional/mental stability. You gain money whike you are born with emotional stability.

I should have figured you are a Nurse - your caring and compassionate nature shines through
GRAMMAR.

The difference between knowing your s*** and knowing you're s***

Offline Scrivener

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
Many years ago I was in asda when it was part of the metrocentre and Pav (R.I.P.) was in shopping with his missus, they got thru the checkout and were walking towards the exit when a young girl approached him for his autograph and he kindly obliged, and while he was signing for her another two girls ran up for his autograph, suddenly lasses started appearing from everywhere, at first his wife just waited patiently but once he was surrounded she just turned away shaking her head and pushed the trolley out to the car, meanwhile Pav was smiling and happily chatting with the lasses as he signed his name wherever they wanted it signed, on another evening I saw Beardsley in the same shop pushing a trolley and he had his little daughter (must have been Stacey,...obviously) sat in the baby seat facing him, think she must have been about 2 or 18mths old, and he had his face really close to hers and was saying "We're going round to the sweets now, mmmm chocolate and sweets..." which my lass at the time thought was really cute,  :roll:  :yawn: but anyway a member of asda staff asked him for his autograph and he signed it but carried on talking to the baby at the same time then another few lads wanted his autograph and i could tell he was starting to get flustered, now this i can understand because the bairn was starting to get a bit upset and started crying which as any lad on here who has kids knows is the last thing you want.

Pav was an absolute gent, as was PB, who frequently got stopped by bunches of kids when out and about and always graced him with his time and obliged with autographs even when he had his own kids with him.

Andy Cole in comparison was an aloof bugger and the adulation comes with the territory. He could have handled the way he interacted with fans rather better and gave a little back, even if not to the extent of the likes of Pav or Beardo. Shay Given is another who stands out in my mind in having a great attitude with the fans and capable of building up a rapport.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:16:31 PM by Scrivener »
GRAMMAR.

The difference between knowing your s*** and knowing you're s***

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 11:35:52 PM »
Pav was an absolute gent, as was PB, who frequently got stopped by bunches of kids when out and about and always graced him with his time and obliged with autographs even when he had his own kids with him.

Andy Cole in comparison was an aloof bugger and the adulation comes with the territory. He could have handled the way he interacted with fans rather better and gave a little back, even if not to the extent of the likes of Pav or Beardo. Shay Given is another who stands out in my mind in having a great attitude with the fans and capable of building up a rapport.

yes you are absolutley right,

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:36:43 AM by peachy »

Offline TT

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »
Do a lot of  f***ing shopping you lad...are you a bint like?
Forum big boy.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2017, 12:27:56 AM »
Do a lot of  f***ing shopping you lad...are you a bint like?

very funny.

We just liked going there, we also saw lee clark Billy Hardy, gordon armstrong, denise welch, jimmy five bellies, Ginola