Author Topic: Thoughts so far?  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Leo7

• Getting to know the place
Thoughts so far?
« on: October 22, 2017, 07:35:05 PM »
So we're 7th, doing pretty well against teams we'd class as "around us" aka stoke, West Ham etc.

However, we have dropped points against the fellow promoted teams unfortunately.

Palace struggling, 1 win in 9. Stoke, Everton etc also struggling.

Great start to the season, how it's looking so far, you lot any thoughts on roughly where you think we'll finish the season given the start we've had compared to what youse thought at the beginning, who'll get relegated, who'll be the champions and finish top 4 etc, who'll be the suprise team of the season?  still early but it's all for fun.

City to win the title, city, united, Chelsea, Spurs top 4 on that order.
Watford to be the suprise package and finish top 8.

Palace, Stoke and Huddersfield to go down for me.
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
Re: Thoughts so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 07:44:26 PM »
It feels like being in the film ZULU ..we are fighting and the siege mentality has set in..we are waiting for the cavalry to arrive in January or before...if they dont arrive the feeling of despair will be almost audible.
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline R S

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »
Much better than I could of hoped for. A third of the way to safety. 24 points and a Saudi Prince for an owner by Christmas and I'll be happy. Not so much if it's an American consortium.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline Finnish Geordie

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 04:05:56 AM »
Very very happy with the start like others. Scoring goals was allways gonna be hard for us, but I'm really exited how well we defend as a team. That has been big suprise to me.
We have signed one of the best buys in summer, Merino. We feared we are too short in the middle but that has been one of the best areas for us so far. And boys are scoring goals too.
Confidence high, keep it that way and we finish mid table comfortably. I hope we'll buy few players in jan. Striker and nro10 please.

If I had to say my thoughts with one sentence.... Best feelig to be a Nufc supporter over a decade
Double Demba on the rocks, please

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 10:58:50 AM »
Very very happy with the start like others. Scoring goals was allways gonna be hard for us, but I'm really exited how well we defend as a team. That has been big suprise to me.
We have signed one of the best buys in summer, Merino. We feared we are too short in the middle but that has been one of the best areas for us so far. And boys are scoring goals too.
Confidence high, keep it that way and we finish mid table comfortably. I hope we'll buy few players in jan. Striker and nro10 please.

If I had to say my thoughts with one sentence.... Best feelig to be a Nufc supporter over a decade

couldn't add to this ...........well a bit,

i thought we'd struggle big time, but from what ive seen we can be mid table, this depends on us staying injury free of course.it's been a fantastic start and great to see us being hard to roll over, credit to everyone.

dare i say FMA  has played it well with Rafa?
" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Offline t00nraider_

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:03:59 PM »
City to win the title, city, united, Chelsea, Spurs top 4 on that order.
Shame on you!
#SportsDirectShame

Offline Leo7

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 10:18:33 PM »
Shame on you!

Who's to say I was meaning Manchester?  :thumbs:
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 07:14:18 AM »
Happy with the start yes we lost to Brighton and Huddersfield but we are not alone both those teams have started quite well. It's a case of keeping these results coming. We are difficult to beat an efficient team is how I describe us. We need some players up top who will be more of a threat than those that we have at this level.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline Basileus

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:43:12 PM »
It feels like being in the film ZULU ..we are fighting and the siege mentality has set in..we are waiting for the cavalry to arrive in January or before...if they dont arrive the feeling of despair will be almost audible.
Nice and picturesque rounding up
I LOVED the film Zulu.
Read about it and Stanley Baker went to the Zulu King (educated in Britain) to ask permission to film it, showed him the script told him what it was about and the King said "Thats fine, heres some of my lads to act out our part !" Baxter was delighted. They were REAL Zulus in that. And the warrior caste too.
Movie was shown to the King at end of filming to also get his final OK.

I just hope the end of this season is as positive a conclusion ! after the years of Isandalwana (look it up) of Ashley rule
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:44:24 PM by Basileus »