Author Topic: Burnley v Toon match thread 31/10/17  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Leo7

• Getting to know the place
Re: Burnley v Toon match thread 31/10/17
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
I never thought I'd say this, but Newcastles United strongest area is the defence. Never ever thought that would be the case
Bob the skutter and 2,471 others like this.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2017, 06:16:57 PM »
And out of interest - who on here would ever pick Diame?
He is literally one of the worst footballers I have ever seen. Picking him over Hayden was and will be a mistake. Rafa, Mourinho, Pep... wouldnt make a difference. The guy is s*** and shouldnt be picked.

I wouldn?t pick diame - but that was first game he started all season so using that as a stick to beat Benitez with is bizarre.
Merino would of played if fit & as I mentioned previously Hayden was horrendous last week against palace

Out of the rest what would your changes be?
Perez & Joselu out for mitro & Gayle - apart from that what other changes could be made with our squad ?

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2017, 08:24:15 PM »
It would be interesting to see how he set up with better players at his disposal hopefully one day we may get the chance to witness what he does. At the moment he is playing safe sometimes it works v Palace and Swansea other times it backfires and then we don't seem to be able to recover as seen in our three 1-0 defeats on the road this season. It may only be 1-0 but a loss is still a loss whether it is by 1 or 5 goals the outcome remains the same,zero points and very dull football matches.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2017, 08:34:25 PM »
He will still set up the same formation but with better players we will keep the ball better & create more

Offline R S

• Forum member
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2017, 08:43:48 PM »
Perspective. We're a bottom half squad punching well above our weight. Rafa doing a great job of keeping us tight. This gives us every chance of nicking a goal an picking up points. It's not going to work every game.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2017, 08:45:59 PM »
Perspective. We're a bottom half squad punching well above our weight. Rafa doing a great job of keeping us tight. This gives us every chance of nicking a goal an picking up points. It's not going to work every game.

Spot on

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2017, 07:50:48 AM »
Agree with this 100%
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »
Definitely being hamstrung by the forward two. There are more creative players out there who will also do the same amount of work. Full backs are never convincing either.

Mitrovic back in ASAP please, he's far more of a threat than Joselu.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline JonnyThaiwongy

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2017, 11:10:36 PM »
I criticize Rafa's selection often, but this is the proudest I've been to support NUFC in years. Yes we can be negative, but he's addressed the cancer that was eating us alive, the attitude of the players. They fight now, they believe, and they are a team. I understand, benching and rollicking Mitro after that last elbow, but performance wise, he seemed to have turned the corner. I think he should be gven another chance, to not have him on the bench when he is the only player we can throw on in the last ten minutes and scare the other team, its that stubbornness hes known for. Under the right conditions Mitro is the most effective striker we have, he seems to havve improved a hell of a lot. As for Perez, he's not a number ten, he needs to be a shadow striker, work in defence, then in attack always making forward runs. Hes f***ing useless back to goal, but he is a top goalscorer and good passer when running at defences. Thats my only complaint. And Clark shud play LB ahead of Manquillo, I'd give Lejeune a few more games. If we can get some players in, it'll be a good season.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2017, 12:12:43 AM »
I criticize Rafa's selection often, but this is the proudest I've been to support NUFC in years. Yes we can be negative, but he's addressed the cancer that was eating us alive, the attitude of the players. They fight now, they believe, and they are a team. I understand, benching and rollicking Mitro after that last elbow, but performance wise, he seemed to have turned the corner. I think he should be gven another chance, to not have him on the bench when he is the only player we can throw on in the last ten minutes and scare the other team, its that stubbornness hes known for. Under the right conditions Mitro is the most effective striker we have, he seems to havve improved a hell of a lot. As for Perez, he's not a number ten, he needs to be a shadow striker, work in defence, then in attack always making forward runs. Hes f***ing useless back to goal, but he is a top goalscorer and good passer when running at defences. Thats my only complaint. And Clark shud play LB ahead of Manquillo, I'd give Lejeune a few more games. If we can get some players in, it'll be a good season.
good post agree with most things in it. Especially the last sentence because without those new additions we will struggle me thinks!
We are the NU the NUFC