Author Topic: Newcastle United v Bournemouth match thread  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
Re: Newcastle United v Bournemouth match thread
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:54 PM »
That was terrible so close to getting a point . We need to get this takeover done and give rafa the money he needs. Booing like that at the end of the game wont help us get a new owner but it was frustrating
I agree why do people feel the need to boo it's pathetic in my opinion. For sure it's disappointing and frustrating, but the players are not deliberately trying to lose the game. They are a bang average side like a lot of teams there is not much to choose between most bar the top 5 teams. That is reflected in the league table. A couple of wins or losses in our case and you can shoot up/down the table. It will be like that all season we just need to hold our nerve and get enough points to survive. Easier said than done judging by the last 3 performances. Even against Palace we were very average but managed to scrape a victory.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline GULLANDTOON

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »
Bad result. What is it about us losing to the smaller clubs?

Mitro must have done something off the pitch for Rafa to freeze him out like this? I agree, Joselu possibly worst striker in the prem that gets regular games.

Offline johndavey11

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
rafa interview: ( we keep creating chances in every game, but we need to score), love you rafa but if thats the case, why the fck do you keep picking a player who, up is nowhere near prem level in joselu. mitro is no world beater but how he can never get a game in a squad as weak as ours is beyond belief. 6 or 7 p.ss poor teams at the bottom of this league, west ham, everton, stoke wba, swansea and we are one of them,need so much investment in january.

Offline PsyQlix

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »
Back to reality. We are in for a long hard season. With this squad, 4th bottom is the target. Any more is a bonus.

First half we dominated and created good situations. A lack of quality in midfield and forward areas prevented us from going one or two up. The inability to deliver a good pass into the forward, or for the forward to control and get a shot away is the big difference in this division. It was noticeable throughout that Bournemouth were able to keep the ball much better than we could.

Bournemouth dominated the second half. The 4-4-2 left us open. Bournemouth were able to find midfielders and had numerous breaks with Toon making tackles at stretch to cover. Luckily, Bournemouth also lack forward quality. They missed a one on one and had another against the post when they looked certain to score. To score from a corner in the 93rd minute will drive Rafa mad. We have defended set pieces well all season and really switched off there. A lack of leadership at a crucial moment cost us a point and gave 3 to a relegation rival.

I honestly thought that Mitro would have come on instead of Perez for the last 20. We were struggling to get a hold of the ball and Mitro might have provided an outlet. But overall, no surprises. It is painfully obvious that we lack PL quality in the forward areas. Also, without Merino, we struggle to get on the ball in midfield and to retain possession. Shelvey was caught in possession many times. Shelvey did play one excellent first time ball right into the path of Gayle who had spun off the defender. Gayles first touch was a Shola Ameobi with the ball going 15 yards in front of him and through to the keeper. That's us in a nutshell.

We played a more attacking formation and in the 2nd half it left us much more open than we are used to seeing. Stick or twist - it is not an easy choice. We have lost two very tight games where if we could have got the first goal we probably would have won. In both of these games the opposition were also cagey and not aggressive in terms of attack. This is difficult for us when we suit playing on the break.

We would have taken 14 points if asked at the start of the season. Expectations got ahead of ourselves for a while. We are in the dog fight with about 12 other teams. Forward reinforcements are a must in January.

A point on Murphy - he looked genuinely lost when he came on. Totally overwhelmed. No work rate or positional sense which is really odd for Newcastle under Rafa. Whatever the lack of quality, our players work hard and are very well organised. That was a worry since he is our cover on the wings.

Offline shotleyskunk

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 08:47:04 PM »
Rafa starts with 2 up top and goes off at high tempo to win the game and grab an early goal.Chances come and go but no goal..2nd half as legs weaken , the problems with 2 up top is there to be seen, as Bournemouth start to create chances against a unusually sparse looking Toon defence.
               Rafa goes for front mobility rather than power, and Mitro is overlooked again as the second half fizzles out..last minute sucker punch [ just like we did to Palace], and the game is lost
                    Yet another of the 1-0 games which has not gone our way this week....a crap week,,2 defeats zero goals and we look over our shoulder...do i blame Rafa ?..no. Although personally i would give Mitro a game ,,but the trust factor with the manager seems to be lost on the loose cannon,
If you could have Bill Gates wealth ,or could feed all the hungry in Africa...what color Ferarri would you have?

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Started well and if we had managed to get that first goal we?d of won that comfortably I think but longer game went on we lost our footing in it and there was only gonna be one winner in second half

Just seen Gayle disallowed goal again and he looks on to me - tight call that went against us this time
We massively miss Merino in midfield - hopefully he?s back in few weeks time

We were always gonna be in a struggle this year around the bottom 5 was my prediction - there?s gonna be plenty of tough results like this and if some are just realising now that we are going to struggle then they?ve been deluding themselves till now

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 08:59:10 PM »
That was sh***

we were toothless in the first half and useless in the second, our left side and our front 2 are killing us, in the palace game we won it because we made the right changes today we lost because we made the wrong ones. I'm nowhere near his biggest fan but how can you not play Mitro when you are getting next to nothing from your front 2 and the little joy we had was from Joselu's physical presence

Have to slate the officials today first, goal not being given, giving them a sitter by allowing one of their players to be played onside by Lascelles who had been off the pitch injured and letting Bournemouth do what they want

Elliot- Made some great saves  but he was so slow in distribution was like being back to having Harper in his last few years

Yedlin- final ball is awful and caught out quite a bit today

Lejeune- made some great interceptions and tackles but at times just seems like an accident waiting to happen on the ball and his positioning at times left a lot to be desired

Lascelles- a good game till injury

Manquillo- looked to be carrying but his decision making is just shocking

Ritchie- worked his arse off as usual but no help from those around him

Shelvey- some good touches and tried to create a lot but at times he would be better just stopping and looking rather than playing off the cuff

Hayden- got stuck in but his big fault is he isnt Merino

Atsu- Just always makes the wrong decision

Gayle- lazy and doesn't work the line enough

Joselu- worked hard and won a bit but he is a rabbit in the headlights where it counts

Clark- good clearance off the line but looked a bit rusty

Perez- just useless, screwed up anything that came near him

Murphy-worse than Perez, don't want to write off someone who has so little game time but cant' ignore my eyes, he just doesn't look like a footballer at all, everything he did was wrong

Think one thing summed us up today was near the en still at 0-0 we had a freekick in a dangerous position and rather than put the ball in for our big CB's to attack we try a routine which we hugely f**k up

Rafa is great but his stubborness for certain players cost us today
Bob is to blame

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 12:19:09 AM »
That was sh***

we were toothless in the first half and useless in the second, our left side and our front 2 are killing us, in the palace game we won it because we made the right changes today we lost because we made the wrong ones. I'm nowhere near his biggest fan but how can you not play Mitro when you are getting next to nothing from your front 2 and the little joy we had was from Joselu's physical presence

Have to slate the officials today first, goal not being given, giving them a sitter by allowing one of their players to be played onside by Lascelles who had been off the pitch injured and letting Bournemouth do what they want

Elliot- Made some great saves  but he was so slow in distribution was like being back to having Harper in his last few years

Yedlin- final ball is awful and caught out quite a bit today

Lejeune- made some great interceptions and tackles but at times just seems like an accident waiting to happen on the ball and his positioning at times left a lot to be desired

Lascelles- a good game till injury

Manquillo- looked to be carrying but his decision making is just shocking

Ritchie- worked his arse off as usual but no help from those around him

Shelvey- some good touches and tried to create a lot but at times he would be better just stopping and looking rather than playing off the cuff

Hayden- got stuck in but his big fault is he isnt Merino

Atsu- Just always makes the wrong decision

Gayle- lazy and doesn't work the line enough

Joselu- worked hard and won a bit but he is a rabbit in the headlights where it counts

Clark- good clearance off the line but looked a bit rusty

Perez- just useless, screwed up anything that came near him

Murphy-worse than Perez, don't want to write off someone who has so little game time but cant' ignore my eyes, he just doesn't look like a footballer at all, everything he did was wrong

Think one thing summed us up today was near the en still at 0-0 we had a freekick in a dangerous position and rather than put the ball in for our big CB's to attack we try a routine which we hugely f**k up

Rafa is great but his stubborness for certain players cost us today

Mitrovic would have won us 3 points today I'm extremely p***** off by the substitutions putting on 2 weak as piss players
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2017, 01:04:56 AM »
The problem with having a Manager who many fans believe is the Second Coming is that no one wants to criticise him. It is correct that he does not have a good squad, but Rafa has never come out to explain to the fans why he continually plays Perez, why Mitro never comes on even as a sub. Gayle may be an excellent Championship striker but is not PL quality. Manquillo is not a PL defender, so why not play Clark at LB. As for Murphy he plays like he is in the U18 squad. Too many players know they are undropable and play accordingly.

Offline Mr_Grimey

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2017, 03:00:58 AM »
Lots of panic, this squad is now performing like we thought, it was always gonna be tough man.

1st goal was always gonna win, we got it but chalked off , that changed everything.

never mind  :cool:

NO

HYSTERICS

!!!!!!!!!!

Offline marki

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2017, 04:24:18 AM »
perez should now be dropped and left in the dressing room..will he be on the ,next team sheet..its becoming a baffling situation why below par players are getting chances every week but produce  next to nothing.rafa not thinking clearly or is to loyal but it needs to be changed,there is options all be it not prolific..maybe today was the 1st chink in rafas makeup playing 2 up front..i hope so ,he is so hard to figure out

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2017, 07:10:10 AM »
We are right to have a moan but if Gayle's goal hadn't been wrongly ruled offside we could have been looking at a different game who knows. I do agree with other people at times some of the selections and subs are somewhat baffling at times. Like I said before we are bang average even with our strongest team. The good news is that there are at least 3 worse teams in the league and we have already beaten the likes of Palace,West Ham and Swansea thank goodness.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2017, 09:43:33 AM »

Rafa had a go but i just wish if as it did look like it wasn't gonna come off we'd shut up shop and get that point, they are going to be precious to us , Huddersfield, Burnley , Brighton and yesterday we should have took a point somewhere amongst it ffs.

Vital we got something yesterday, fook.
" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Offline French

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2017, 11:42:01 AM »
Rafa is a great manager, the best we can get at the moment. He sees things in training that we don't see and I disagree that this is panic station. It is a long season still ahead and we are in a position that hardly anyone would have bet on at this stage.

BUT, yesterday's selection and substitutions were puzzling. First of, Joselu offers nothing. He scored 2 goals so far with one being a fluke against Liverpool. Why persisting with him ? Manquillo is also a waste of space, offers nothing going forward and bang average in defense. M'Bemba was doing a much better job in this position.

As far as the subs, the Perez one is very hard to understand. With 20 minutes to play at 0-0, you expect that we will have to play more direct, calling for a Centre forward who can head the ball, hold it and put physical strengths in it. This guy is Mitrovic. Yet,Rafa brings Perez, who is the exact opposite - short, gives the ball away, no physical presence !
And then, he puts Murphy !?! What the matter with this guy ? Honestly, 12 million for him ? He is not even a footballer.
Each of Rafa's substitution made our team ever weaker and it cost us at the end.

I wonder if Rafa has his style of player he likes to work with and is too stubborn to change his minds. Clearly, he likes Spanish players , otherwise, how can we justify Manquillo instaed of Clark or M'Bemba, Joselu instead of Mitro, Perez always starting??

I got to believe there must be something wrong behind the scenes regarding Mitro. Not only the lack of trust that Rafa has in him. But also between players. I don't know if anybody else has noticed a pretty awckward moment at half time. Perez and Gamez (or Clarck, I am not sure) were warming up exchanging passes to each other. Come Mitro to play with them,only for the 2 to continue to pass the ball only between them, totally ignoring Mitro. Then Mitro gets a ball from a coach and fire it wide out of the play visibly to express his anger, to the utter frustration of the coach; weird but very telling that something is wrong in the squad when it comes to Mitro.

I know we don't have a great squad and that having Rafa is a great chance for this club, especially if the takes over happen and he gets the right resource.
However; yesterday's result is on him, as far as I am concerned.

Offline JonnyThaiwongy

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2017, 11:43:01 AM »
How a 'broke' team spent 12 mil on Murphy is totally beyond my comprehension. Tom Ince I wouldn't have, but he'dhardly cost much more than 12, and at least he'd make an impact. Murphy is 5 years away, and that's if he even has it in him, to me I just can't understand how he wasn't cut when he was 15, he looks utter sh***. Like a young Walcott, without the talent. If Perez plays, it has to be striker, he can't play any other position and it will wreck him as a player, it already has a bit, like happened to Rooney, forgetting the things he's actually good at. I love Rafa, but like most here, Mitro has to get a game, he had turned the corner, I can understand he needs to calm down, but f***ing hell, Murphy and Perez were awful subs given what we had to put on. I appreciate that Rafa has made us a team, I won't ever boo NUFC as long as the players fight and do their best, its just disappointing that needless errors are costing us. Shelvey is always a liability, he doesn't get benched forever like Mitro, I don't get it. Shelvey easily cuda been sent off, and apart from that, he gets frustrated and starts blasting over, or losing possession for bournemouth to counter, or making slide tackles that come nowhere near and allow them to break. But Rafa looks past it for him. Gooddamn it.