Author Topic: Newcastle United v Bournemouth match thread  (Read 3254 times)

Offline JonnyThaiwongy

• Getting to know the place
Re: Newcastle United v Bournemouth match thread
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
Also, as people said, Clark should be LB, Manquillo is shocking, and M'bemba is far better than Rafa seems to give him credit for. This stubbornness and favourtism is his one weakness.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
Also, as people said, Clark should be LB, Manquillo is shocking, and M'bemba is far better than Rafa seems to give him credit for. This stubbornness and favourtism is his one weakness.
We have a number of very average Spanish players in our squad time for a few to make way for others me thinks!
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2017, 05:14:11 PM »
We have a number of very average Spanish players in our squad time for a few to make way for others me thinks!
Take away Merino and the rest are well BELOW average.

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2017, 06:13:33 PM »

The big question though is who are the others?

If we drop Perez who plays as the SS/No.10? Joselua struggled there, Gayle is too lazy too play there, Diame is a donkey, if you put Ritchie there who plays on the wing? Murphy is painful and Aarons seems to be MIA

I'd say there are options to replace Manquillo and Joselu in Mitrovic and Mbemba ( who looked our best LB for years earlier in the season) but Rafa just doesn't seem to fancy them. After that we have the square route of nothing
Bob is to blame

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 03:42:17 PM »
Manquillo is poor defensively, makes some basic mistakes despite not being an overly attacking full back.
Joselu clearly a confidence striker but also never been prolific and not looking very dangerous at the mo.

Mbemba and Mitrovic for those 2 is the change I would make.
And then the question is whether to play Gayle with Mitro or Perez, both can work well together as shown in previous seasons.

Or the other option is move Clark or Mbemba to centre mid, and push either Shelvey or Merino (if fit) forward.

Saivet's still hanging around and by all accounts he was a winger/centre attacking mid at one point.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2017, 10:29:34 PM »
The big question though is who are the others?

If we drop Perez who plays as the SS/No.10? Joselua struggled there, Gayle is too lazy too play there, Diame is a donkey, if you put Ritchie there who plays on the wing? Murphy is painful and Aarons seems to be MIA

I'd say there are options to replace Manquillo and Joselu in Mitrovic and Mbemba ( who looked our best LB for years earlier in the season) but Rafa just doesn't seem to fancy them. After that we have the square route of nothing
I would agree with the changes you have come up with but I don't think for whatever reason Rafa thinks the same as us. Oh well it's only Man Utd away next so no problem keeping the same players go for a 0-0 and once again get beat and not score. Something has to give at some point. No one including me expects anything from that game but the home games like the last one are the ones to target against teams of a similar ability of which there are plenty. We missed a chance last time out let's hope we don't miss too many more in those type of games, we need to continue to gather points in our quest to remain in this league. The positive thing is that there are 13 other clubs with the same predicament and ambition.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 12:49:58 AM »
I had said before this set of games (Palace, Burnley, Bournemouth, Southampton) that I'd be expecting around 5 points for this set of fixtures. Solid at the back Newcastle certainly are but anything else they are not. 4 conceded and only 3 scored - the fundamental problem with this team is clear...if you can't create decent chances against 19th place then you're not going to stay up. I was cautious with my estimate, not wanting to get hopes up, but only beating Palace out of these 4 fixtures is not going to cut the mustard.

The team isn't there offensively...no creativity nor is there the alternative. The funny thing is I think Rafa made the right choice against Burnley - 2 strikers up top, like many here were clamouring for. It sort of worked initially and Gayle had a perfectly good goal ruled out but that's normal...we're talking about a team that has received 9 red cards in the Premier League since an opposition player was dismissed...they're not going to get the decisions.

Newcastle is a 'bigger club' compared to all 4 and didn't play that way in those games - they were too even. The team needs guile and creativity and I'm afraid it's not going to come when Diame, Perez, Joselu are starting games.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.