Author Topic: Bottom Four by Christmas?  (Read 1915 times)

Offline R S

• Forum member
Bottom Four by Christmas?
« on: November 08, 2017, 11:21:02 PM »
Where are the points coming from to keep us away from the worry zone?  The lack of goals is a major concern. Currently 1 win in 6. I'm worried for a change!
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline little toon town

• Forum member
Re: Bottom Four by Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »
What is there too be worried about? 5 of our defeats have been 1-0, we literally need a goalscorer (Cough Mitro Cough) and we are fine. Stop posting negative stuff, a lot of us would have taken 11th with 11 points, I know I would have...
▒▓██ N █ E █ W █ C █ A █ S █ T █ L █ E ██▓▒
▒▓██ U █ N █ I █ T █ E █ D ██▓▒

Offline uglyAmerican619

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:32 AM »
Give over talking positive.  This is a R S thread young man.  He predicted both our Relegation Seasons.....the last two at least. 

I like and need the positive take on our losses, but at the same time two of the wins were effing flukes. And the loses were mostly just gross, especially the last couple.  So to beat the well worn drum, we better get some scoring talent in the January, or come Spring we will for sure be in the s***.
One if by land, two if by sea....

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 07:40:19 AM »
We might be but so could a lot of other teams. The teams currently below us need to win to over take us in the first place. I think we all knew it was never going to be straightforward especially with outr lack of goals.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline PsyQlix

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »
No question, we need forward signings in Jan. If there can only be one signing, then make sure it is in the 9 or 10 position. Overall, the squad is thin and lacks quality. However, the commitment, effort and togetherness of the group is the best that I have seen for a long time. In addition, the organisation and discipline in our team is right up there with the best. Compared to Mclarens leaderless rabble of talented but gutless under achieving mercenaries, I'd back this team to stay up.

It might be 4th bottom. I'd take that now. If we get some more quality upfront then this team could finish mid-table. But even without that, I think that there will be 3 teams without the fight and teamwork that we will show.

Offline johndavey11

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 03:08:46 PM »
to be honest any current team outside the top 7 or 8 could end up bottom 4, certainly us included.
we need re enforcements as everyone can see, especially forward players.
rafa has no trust in mitro and i am sure he will be sold in jan, therefore at least 2 new forwards minimum, positives are we have one the best managers in the league and there are a good few other piss poor teams in the prem. and we have the best fans!

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »
As much as we need a proper forward we also need some creativity - take out the stoke game where Joselu missed a hatful we aren?t creating anywhere near enough.

We?ve been close in all games & there?s probably only palace where the result wasn?t a fair one in my eyes - the rest the results were probably right.

Offline IPG

• Forum member
    • Marcasite Jewellery
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 01:38:17 AM »
Being a Newcastle fan is living in the "worry zone"  :lol:

We do need additions and a forward is vital. That said I am a little disappointed that Mitro has been frozen out but I guess he probably only has himself to blame if he has lost Rafas trust. End of the day I still trust Rafas judgement over my own and he has made great progress in terms of organising the defence and getting the team playing as a team.

We do lack creativity and could do with some more without doubt. Still am hugely liking Merino and feel he can become a good and creative midfielder.

At the start of the season I was hoping for us to do enough to stay up and we are doing better than I expected so far. I have been happy with the team showing spirit and effort and have got the added bonus of our hopes being raised about having a new owner(s) with more ambition and money. So pretty much happy enough so far this season  :thumbs:

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
Before the Transfer window ended I predicted Rafa to be gone by Xmas and us to be struggling. This Takeover will distract the players. There will be a media storm yet again outside St James and we will have little investment in January.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline Geordiespark

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
I think Merino has been a big miss in the team due to injury he has been fantastic , and I hope they have a go at getting Cenk Tosun !8m euros seems a bargain to me but the Chronic say NUFC put off by the price tag , not much to pay to stay in the Prem . January is a must buy a good forward without fail .

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 12:58:04 AM »
I think Merino has been a big miss in the team due to injury he has been fantastic , and I hope they have a go at getting Cenk Tosun !8m euros seems a bargain to me but the Chronic say NUFC put off by the price tag , not much to pay to stay in the Prem . January is a must buy a good forward without fail .

Not going for Tosun...and I hardly see a 26 year old who has only ever played in tier 2.5 European leagues being capable in the Premier League any time soon. Mitroglou similarities, anyone?
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 06:09:16 PM »

life was always going to be tough, its what was expected  :thumbs:
" sunlun , the s*** that has finally flushed"

Offline AceLV74EVA

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 08:34:45 PM »

Nail on the head, he is a class above and has been a huge miss

Not going for Tosun...and I hardly see a 26 year old who has only ever played in tier 2.5 European leagues being capable in the Premier League any time soon. Mitroglou similarities, anyone?

You only find out how good someone is when you give them the opportunity to play at a higher level, it is a risk but thats where you have to hope the scouts are up to the job of figuring that out

Also I may be wrong but hasn't he scored 4 in the champions league this year as well? Hardly a mugs competition
Bob is to blame

Offline Scoot

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 06:34:35 AM »

Which is why we desperately need the fat clown to sell. I'm f***en sick of this s*** every transfer window. We're always put off by whatever it is the fee is. Ashley still thinks it's 2002 where 12 million is a massive transfer fee.

Offline marki

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 01:59:50 PM »
lets all get used to no change..anything else is a f***ing bonus :thumbs: