Author Topic: U23 & U18  (Read 1073 times)

Offline R S

• Forum member
U23 & U18
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
What's going on?  Absolutely terrifying lack of quality in the stiffs and bairns squads at present. U18's  humped by the mackems today. Rafa needs to look at the quality of coaching and what's coming through the academy.
They let you think you're king but you're really a pawn

Offline Jonas14

• Forum member
Re: U23 & U18
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 01:09:12 AM »
While we have him, would definitely like to see Rafa implement some changes at those levels.
10years of diabolical ownership has played its part - you'd think since he resents paying money for players he'd have got this area right as a a priority, but of course not.

good to see were implementing the same style at all levels though, namely being pathetic in the cups - u23s could slip seamlessly into our FA cup campaign/appearance in January.

Offline uglyAmerican619

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:21:18 AM »
Beardsley ooooooot!!!! i volunteer TT to the post. He couldn?t do worse and got his tools ripped off so needs the work and cash anyway. Angry ginge power will have those lazy kids marching in his parade poste haste. Fuk it just putt TT in charge of the UN. One mad ginger is never enough in terms of straightening this fuked up planet
One if by land, two if by sea....

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:49 AM »
What's going on?  Absolutely terrifying lack of quality in the stiffs and bairns squads at present. U18's  humped by the mackems today. Rafa needs to look at the quality of coaching and what's coming through the academy.
Piss poor at the moment seemingly at both levels.
We are the NU the NUFC

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »
Watched some of the live stream u23 matches this season and they look piss poor at times, only Callum Roberts and Victor Fernandez stood out for me.
The defence is really shaky and they have a lanky streak of piss up front
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 07:43:04 PM »
Beardsley the legend seems to be an immoveable object. Ambassador role would suit him more in my opinion
We were just one condom away from a better owner

Offline Scoot

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 09:41:53 PM »
How long has Beardsley been in charge of the reserves/U21's/U'23's (or whatever the f**k they're called these days)?

However long it is, it's amazing he still has a job considering there has been absolutely no improvement in performances and absolutely no players of any quality broke into the first team in his time. I'm not saying the problems in the reserves are ALL Beardsley's fault but there's no way he's good enough to be there.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:43:01 PM by Scoot »

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:22 AM »
Nothing will change when someone is happy to pay someone to cheaply do a job, appearing to look competent. It's the attitude that made Pardew, McClaren, Kinnear jobs. Beardo is an overhang in this case from that era.

The truth is he'll only do as well as the scouts provide and can only take that a couple of pegs higher. If you only sign 3/10 rated players and guys like Pickford are missed, he has no chance in succeeding,

If you were really to make use of his talents, he needs to sit down with Shelvey and Perez and make them 50% the player he was. That's what Newcastle need more than anything right now.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Poz

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: Today at 12:22:08 AM »
?I thought we scored a good first goal ? even though it was an own goal, it was a good cross from Victor (Fernandez). It doesn?t matter who scores ? it?s disappointing for their lad, but it was a chance for us to get a goal and it typifies the sort of luck that we haven?t had over the last month,? he told nufc.co.uk.

?They got one back quickly after, and it was just one of those things.

?I think the sending off helped us, but I was very confident we were going to win anyway. Maybe not 4-1 ? they?ve got some good players, their number eight (Jordan Holsgrove) and six (Ryan East) are good players and they played some good football, and 4-1 might be a bit flattering. But you have to take your chances when they come along.

?I thought the sending off was a sending off ? I don?t want anyone to get sent off, but I think it was the right decision. For them, and all of the nice football they played in the first half, they couldn?t get out after that, so we were pretty much camped in their half.?

Is this bloke for real coaching in the same club as Rafa?
Seems a million miles away from reality.
Legend but incapable with others as was Bobby Charlton etc.
We were just one condom away from a better owner