Author Topic: Newcastle United v The best team in Manchester  (Read 7112 times)

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
Re: Newcastle United v The best team in Manchester
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2017, 04:45:59 PM »
On talk sport now saying Rafa is pathetic for the way he played last night

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2017, 04:48:19 PM »
Talksport presenters are a bunch of knobs. f**k what they think.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »

Peachy you make some good points, but the score was also down to some luck. They had 23 shots, on any other night they would have scored 4 or more, so the score line was a 50/50 in my eyes

And I loved this stat I read, I know it was to be expected, but still it shows the immense gulf between the teams

Nicolas Otamendi completed 122 passes for Man City in this match - seven more than all the outfield players of Newcastle managed combined (115).

Could the same not be said of Arsenal though,? 23 shots only 1 goal, were they just unlucky as well? I think you have to give our defenders a certain amount of credit for keeping both games down to a single goal defeat.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:52:19 PM by peachy »
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »
To me it says the defence and keeper did the job they are paid for.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »
To me it says the defence and keeper did the job they are paid for.
I'd say a strong 50/50
Definitely good to see us not leaking goals again, and few people lose by one goal to city.
And a little luck that they had an off night in front of goal.

Offline PsyQlix

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2017, 08:32:50 PM »
Great night under the lights at SJP. Festive atmosphere across the Toon and the Team nearly delivered. Was hoping for 3-0 and some dignity, so to be still in the game and pushing for an equalizer in the last 15 mins was an unexpected gift.

Apparently the SKY boys were whinging on. As much festive spirit as an episode of Eastenders. Sky must be sweating with the prospect of shelling out even more billions for Stoke vs West Brom. The irony of Gary Neville banging on about 'parking the bus' when ManU do the same against LFC and MCFC after blowing several hundred million in the transfer market.

City have shown them how to invest the Arabian bounty to produce a special team that will live long in the memory. Each player is among the best in their position. Terrific technique, fitness and pace to a man. Then they are coached by a man at the top of his craft. They play a style of football that can only be applauded. They attack every team and stretch the game across the whole pitch. They press high up the pitch and swarm around the ball to win it back. I hope that they win the league at a canter and raise the bar for the top 6.

We kept in it. Yes, a bit of luck, but seeing it live, we were not cut open and battered other than in the possession stakes. I remember winning 1-0 at Bournemouth during Maclarens ill fated tenure. We were battered that day, last ditch, keystone kops defending and we were truly lucky to get the result. Last night felt nothing like that.

The team has gone back to basics in the last 4 games and we are better for it. Organised and with a game plan like a Rafa team. Only 3 points, but we have been in each game and deserved more. The previous 6 games, we were open and got what we deserved; zip. Against the mighty Leicester and Watford that was a proper pasting.

The whole team put in a shift last night, even the much maligned Diame who did a job. Lascelles is Rafa on the pitch. Leader and organiser. He needs to stay fit. No injuries or yellow cards. Merino, Gayle and Atsu made a big difference to our attacking quality. Kyle Walker had looked imperious, but Atsu really gave him a test when he came on.

We have plenty of cup finals coming up. We need to find six wins and a couple of draws from the remaining 18 games. Not easy, but there are at least 8 teams in the same position. We ain't going to blow any team away in this league unless they have a very bad day at the office. We need to be solid and competitive in every game and in with a chance of getting something. The crowd in SJP are definitely behind the team and the manager. They should keep off social media to keep their confidence up

Offline TT

• Forum member
« Reply #202 on: December 28, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »
Rafa got his tactics right...we never took a bumming and gave a gan 2nd half.

Cracking afternoon..hope Scoot woke this morning  :?...heard fuckarl.
Forum big boy.

Offline Jonas14

• Forum member
« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2017, 11:23:46 PM »
all Man City 'games' are just training drills and all attack against defence. Its not football.
Lots of their fans don't even get off their backsides when they score at home and the atmosphere is sterile.
they've killed competition with their unlimited wealth - like in other leagues - this is what happens when you kill your competition, they can't compete with you, so they don't, but they have to get a market-share to survive.
frightening how many people in the admittedly moronic football media club don't get this.
The reason it doesn't happen in cups e.g. against a non-league team is because there butts aren't on the line, its a one off.  They don't complain when a team defends, has pitiful possession and gets tanked against them.
The difference between their spend and ours is as big a gap as there's ever been (of course the only difference between the clubs is really the owners)

imagine how frustrating it is for everybody else outside PSG, Man City, Bayern, Rangers/Celtic, Barcelona/Real - that know they have 0 chance of being the number one team whatever they do.
Josep should give up all the ridiculous advantages he's always enjoyed if he's that frustrated.

It could be this way for the next decade or indefinitely with Man City. Its sad now. Imagine in a few years.

Forza European Super league