Author Topic: Newcastle v Brighton  (Read 4684 times)

Offline corb

• Forum member
Re: Newcastle v Brighton
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2017, 02:32:49 PM »
Not been on here for a while guys, merry Christmas and all that. Was at the game yesterday and, without stating the obvious, it was pretty dire. Don?t get me wrong, I?m no Rafa bum boy but clearly he is way above anything we could nearly get, or have had in recent years. The problem is we bought a team for the championship and that?s the team we still have. I am concerned as we currently have a worse squad than when we went down. Zero quality, as soon as Shelvey came on he was trying at least to pick out some better/more positive passes etc.

Not sure if Rafa is playing a bit of a game but something?s gonna give after January if we don?t sort something out. I really hope we bring a few in and keep hold of Rafa and maybe get new owners in the summer. Apologies if that all sounds really obvious but it has been obvious for years what we need, just fat boy won?t do it.

Beresford had a good rant about the current situation😂 (I was in park grill)

Offline corb

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
And I?m far from a Shelvey fan, that?s just how bad we are

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
Was very poor yesterday, needed to show more attacking intent. Didn't think there was much wrong with the lineup, it was just poor with a lack of urgency, no tempo and the passing was shocking. Shelvey's been terrible all season and to be honest wouldn't bat an eyelid if he was sold because I don't think he's all that good.

Brighton were better on the ball but didn't even look like trying to win which says a lot about both managers really. Too cautious, there's 12 rubbish teams in the league and you've got to attack them all if you can't compete with the big boys.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”