Author Topic: Stoke Away (AKA Straight back on it)  (Read 4856 times)

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
Stoke Away (AKA Straight back on it)
« on: December 31, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »
We play Stoke away tomorrow who also happen to be in a rotten run of form and are currently 1 point ahead of us but have a goal difference of -23 and have conceded the most goals in the league this season (46).

They have 4 defenders out injured (Shawcross, Martins Indi, Pieters & Johnson) but their attack is still fairly potent with more goals than anyone in the bottom half as well as Burnley (23).

After the poor performance yesterday I think this is a game we now must get 3 points in to keep our heads above water. All the teams around us play each other (Bournemouth v Brighton, Southampton v Palace) so we need to make the most of it.

An early couple of goals would win this as I don't think they're that good at the back and confidence will be low, then again you could say the same of us!

Predicted lineup:
Darlow
Dummett
Mbemba
Lascelles
Yedlin
Diame
Merino
Murphy
Gayle
Atsu
Joselu
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline john88

• Forum member
Re: Stoke Away (AKA Straight back on it)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 03:38:32 PM »
They're poor at the back, the worst in the league........but we'll sit back and try for a clean sheet.

Hughes rested Choupo Moting, Shaqiri & Allen types for the game tomorrow. I fully expect them to be fresh and make a difference. Hope for a draw, probably lose 1-0 and give them a clean sheet. Difficult to be optimistic right now.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
We should win this. 2 - 0 to us.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »
I am not looking forward to this game we should go for it but probably will not. I will go for a cagey 1-1 draw but any result is possible with this team. I just can't see us winning but I didn't think we would beat Weat Ham. So here's hoping.
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
We should of beaten them far more comfortably earlier in season - some the chances Joselu misses :nonono:

Can see a few changes again I think he will  go with:-

Darlow

Yedlin
Lascelles
Mbemba
Dummett

Merino
Shelvey

Murphy
Perez
Atsu

Joselu

I would probably go with something similar but put Gayle in for Joselu and maybe Aaron?s for Murphy
Their defence is poor and I think we need to use pace in behind to stretch them

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 08:55:56 AM »
I would be giving young Aarons another go, let's face it neither Atsu or Murphy are pulling up trees are they? nowt flash to be fair and I do like the cut of Aarons jib, Dummett did great t'other night I thought so shud start again, I would stick with Yedlin but he needs to get back quicker, Lascelles was keep having to run over to clear up after him when he went awol from his RB position, a few niceities were exchanged ofcourse, poor little yedders must get fed up of having his arse kicked by the big fella all game but he's just got to get back in position quicker or we are exposed down the keft, it's a repeat of the Colo/santon days, Colo screaming at him to get back after doing his job for him at LB,.... again!

I would go with:

DARLOW

YEDLIN LASCELLES MBEMBA DUMMETT

SAIVET HAYDEN

RITCHIE MERINO AARONS

GAYLE
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 09:50:27 AM »
We should win this. 2 - 0 to us.
Couldnt score 1 goal in our last 2 home games, but we will score 2 away to Stoke :)

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »
Be brave for a change and have confidence. It might be a bit much for our out of their depth players but hey ho you have to hope.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 10:23:34 AM »
That daft knacka Hughes saying he threw the chelski game so his players would be ready to beat us, shaqiri, allen, cheapo-moting and crouch all return today, god i hope he is the next manager sacked and no other club ever takes a chance on him again  :nonono:

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 10:54:55 AM »
Be brave for a change and have confidence. It might be a bit much for our out of their depth players but hey ho you have to hope.
Last time Rafa fielded a brave "give it a go" team/mentality?

Offline Yamin

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 11:01:56 AM »
                   Darlow

Lascelles M'bemba Clark
Yedlin          Hayden          Aarons 
          Saivet         Merino
              Perez    Gayle

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 11:08:12 AM »
Last time Rafa fielded a brave "give it a go" team/mentality?

I was on about you being brave. Give having a bit of faith instead of negativity a go.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
I was on about you being brave. Give having a bit of faith instead of negativity a go.
I understand what you are saying and I hope we have a go,but given past performances I see this being cagey.
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »
This year is about staying in the prem. (And getting a new owner.)  With the low level of investment by Ashley and his unwillingness to get the players Rafa wants this season is going to be ugly. I can put up with that if we stay up and get rid of the greedy bar steward.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 12:57:47 PM »
deffy, if this is you proving to me that you do actually have an interest in football then you win, some very good insightful posting recently and spending a lot of time in the club section, keep it up it's miles better than star wars and telescopes lad.  :thumbs: