Author Topic: Stoke Away (AKA Straight back on it)  (Read 4855 times)

Offline IPG

• Forum member
    • Marcasite Jewellery
Re: Stoke Away (AKA Straight back on it)
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
Great result and one we deserved on balance of play. Risks taken by Rafa with selection paid off.  :thumbs:

Can understand some posters frustration with Rafas cautious/defensive approach but I personally still have faith that he knows what he is doing and is getting pretty much as much as possible out of a very limited squad.

Good start to the New Year.  Best wishes for the New year for all posters btw  :thumbs:

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2018, 11:21:45 AM »
Thanks for your excellent report on the game Peachy  :thumbs:

Thankyou for taking the time to read it.  ;)
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2018, 04:00:38 PM »
Thanks for your excellent report on the game Peachy  :thumbs:

Yes it was very informative, I watched the sky highlights on Tuesday and M.O.D. last night.Darlo made some excellent saves but we had plenty of chances ourselves first half. A few more wins like this one will be enough to get us over the line hopefully!
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
Does anyone else get any joy out of seeing NUFC do a double on West Ham and Stoke, after being promoted back to the premier league and knowing that these are clubs who've spent way more than Newcastle have over the years and in the case of West Ham way beyond they should be able to?
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »
Does anyone else get any joy out of seeing NUFC do a double on West Ham and Stoke, after being promoted back to the premier league and knowing that these are clubs who've spent way more than Newcastle have over the years and in the case of West Ham way beyond they should be able to?
nope
we are still in a relegation battle with them both

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2018, 05:00:05 PM »
I get joy out of fact we win games don?t really care who against 3 points is still 3 points

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2018, 08:29:30 AM »
Shown we can beat the poorer teams in the league, so maybe with a better standard of player particularly at full back and in midfield and no.10/striker we could start taking points off the better ones.
Alan Pardew: β€œIt was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline PsyQlix

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2018, 09:54:46 AM »
There are a lot of so called 'poorer teams' in the PL. Not necessarily bad teams, just very evenly matched.

The PL table last season at this point:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688507-epl-table-2017-week-22-standings-after-sundays-premier-league-scores

The gap between 3rd bottom and 10th was 12 points (9th also had same points). This season, it is 5 points.

Squad depth and then luck with injuries now play a big part. Although we have done better against the bottom 10, the games have all been pretty tight. That is the same for pretty much all of the teams in the bottom 10 when they play each other. Nobody is giving anyone a battering in the bottom 10.

Last season the gap from 3rd bottom to 10th was 11 points at the finish. It was six points between 3rd and 4th bottom at the finish last year. Hopefully, some team like Stoke and Southampton have a mare and fall away. I cannot see it happening. I think the gap will be very tight this year right until the end.

Rafa can organise us defensively. Strikers needed - problem is, everyone in the bottom 10 is thinking the same.

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
 :roll: Yeah lets get behind MA the team and rafa.  :yawn: when he sells ill be back online lol. For now its chalk and cheese until he goes.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »
I get joy out of fact we win games don?t really care who against 3 points is still 3 points
Thats exactly how I feel we are unlikely to beat the top 7/8 clubs but after that it?s a lottery so to have taken 12 points from Stoke and West Ham is fine as far as I am concerned.
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2018, 12:29:18 PM »
There are a lot of so called 'poorer teams' in the PL. Not necessarily bad teams, just very evenly matched.

The PL table last season at this point:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688507-epl-table-2017-week-22-standings-after-sundays-premier-league-scores

The gap between 3rd bottom and 10th was 12 points (9th also had same points). This season, it is 5 points.

Squad depth and then luck with injuries now play a big part. Although we have done better against the bottom 10, the games have all been pretty tight. That is the same for pretty much all of the teams in the bottom 10 when they play each other. Nobody is giving anyone a battering in the bottom 10.

Last season the gap from 3rd bottom to 10th was 11 points at the finish. It was six points between 3rd and 4th bottom at the finish last year. Hopefully, some team like Stoke and Southampton have a mare and fall away. I cannot see it happening. I think the gap will be very tight this year right until the end.

Rafa can organise us defensively. Strikers needed - problem is, everyone in the bottom 10 is thinking the same.

Pretty much the same sort of table but with different clubs in place really! It doesn't say much for Swansea and if you check out their next games (Wolves, us, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Burnley) it looks to be going only one way
Alan Pardew: β€œIt was all good up until when it kicked off.”