Author Topic: 16 TO PLAY 6 WINS NEEDED  (Read 3233 times)

Offline New Durham Mags

• Getting to know the place
16 TO PLAY 6 WINS NEEDED
« on: January 05, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »
Just thought id add to the doom and gloom of this transfer window and ask how many more games you all think is winnable with this squad ?

I count 4 winnable games (Swansea,burnley,hud and wba) and 2 maybes (palace and Southampton) its going to be tight  :?
HOME                                              AWAY
SWANSEA 13th Jan
                                                                   CITY 17th jan
BURNLEY 31st Jan
                                                                   PALACE 4th FEB
MAN U 11th FEB
                                                                   BOURNMOUTH 24th FEB
                                                                   LIVERPOOL 3rd March
SOUTHAMPTON 10th March
                                                                   SPURS 17th March
HUDDESFIELD 31st March
                                                                   LEICESTER 7th APRIL
ARSENAL 14th APRIL
                                                                   EVERTON 21st APRIL
WBA 28th APRIL
                                                                   WATFORD 5th MAY
CHELSEA 13th MAY

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
Re: 16 TO PLAY 6 WINS NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
Every home game is winnable, as none of them are City. We've also taken points at everywhere except Anfield and Vicarage Road in recent times
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline New Durham Mags

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 01:35:15 PM »
Every home game is winnable, as none of them are City. We've also taken points at everywhere except Anfield and Vicarage Road in recent times

I love your attitude mate I'm not as confident as you we keep dropping points that I had down as bankers and pick them up when I doubt us.

and I still don't know how we let everton take 3 point so easily at SJP football Sucks  :( haha

Offline sickochallis11

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 06:35:47 PM »
From looking at those fixtures and being realistic transfer-wise a very optimistic 5 wins and 2 draws should just about see us safe on 39. Hoping we carry on our form over Christmas and hit the ground running but there's a good chance it's going to be another bar steward of a few months like. Haven't missed the auld relegation scrap

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »
Firstly we won?t need 6 wins - I think 4 wins & 4 draws should do it - it?s incredibly tight and therefore won?t need to hit 40 points

Secondly surely you must class Bournemouth as winnable?

Every other team will have just as hard fixtures to go with so many games left

There is easily 5 winnable home games & 3 winnable away games
Add to that Chelsea will probably have nothing to play for last game and so could play weak team

It?s going to be tight yes but I think we will have enough to just scrape the results

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 11:24:06 PM »
You're sounding extremely confident about our home form Toon1 considering we havent won a home game since Oct 21st.  :roll:
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »
You're sounding extremely confident about our home form Toon1 considering we havent won a home game since Oct 21st.  :roll:
I know that?s what I was thinking it?s going to be a proper scrap so many teams in the same boat strap yourselves in because it could be a bumpy ride can?t wait and I mean it as well that?s not me being sarcastic I really can?t wait! Might not feel the same at the end of the season we shall see!
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 12:31:46 AM »
I'd already made this point in another thread. I also think 7 wins is what's necessary. I think West Ham once got relegated with 42 points...no?
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 06:01:23 AM »

I said they are winnable games - do you not think they are winnable?

They will be difficult especially Burnley & Southampton who are very defense minded teams & we struggle to break down teams as we just don?t have the creativity.

Every game is difficult when you?ve got a poor team & we are doing well to be on 22 points so far & I think we might just scrape our way out of it but it?s going to be tough

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 06:08:50 AM »
I'd already made this point in another thread. I also think 7 wins is what's necessary. I think West Ham once got relegated with 42 points...no?

In 22 years That?s only ever happened once - and only another 2 times has a team been relegated with 40 points.

Everyone down there is going to be taking points off eshother there is so many teams involved this year - and as daunting as it sounds saying we need so many wins - every other team down there is in same boat & their favs will think the same!!!

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 07:30:39 AM »
I said they are winnable games - do you not think they are winnable?

They will be difficult especially Burnley & Southampton who are very defense minded teams & we struggle to break down teams as we just don?t have the creativity.

Every game is difficult when you?ve got a poor team & we are doing well to be on 22 points so far & I think we might just scrape our way out of it but it?s going to be tough

It seems the team does better away from home, obviously less pressure than having 50,000 expecting a win, west ham were on a decent little run until we beat them with a really good performance, played well at stoke too created a lot of chances early on really positive, yet at home to Brighton we looked clueless, there was a time when the home crowd was like the 12th man now it's more of a hindrance than anything, the players have to overcome their fear of the crowd before it's too late.
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline New Durham Mags

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »
Firstly we won?t need 6 wins - I think 4 wins & 4 draws should do it - it?s incredibly tight and therefore won?t need to hit 40 points

Secondly surely you must class Bournemouth as winnable?

hey Toon1 40 points is always the target it doesn't matter how we get them as long as we do !!

and I didn't count on beating Bournemouth away as they beat us at home 1-0 (last min goal I think)

Knowing  NUFC they'll do the opposite of what I said and beat the big teams and lose to the sh***  :suicide:

Offline New Durham Mags

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 09:34:11 AM »
I need to learn how to use a computer hahaha(ABOVE)  :nonono:

Offline PsyQlix

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2018, 10:25:59 AM »
Going to be tight. I'm not betting on us getting any reinforcements. We need Lascelles to stay fit for the rest of the season, then we can do it.

There are at least 10 teams in this fight. There are no easy games for any of these teams. It was no surprise that Brighton were a tough nut to crack. They have been turned over once all season, against Liverpool away. Other than that, they are hard to break down. There's no way we were going to get at them and put three past them.

At home, the fans need more patience. We are not going to go out and batter any team in this league. This is the same for any team in the bottom ten, not just us. The Swansea game will be a test of this. The home fans will be expecting a win, but Swansea will also be targeting us as a chance to win. If we are goalless at HT then the groans will start. We need to stay patient and get behind the team. If we cannot get the win, then getting the point and something out of every game.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
I love your attitude mate I'm not as confident as you we keep dropping points that I had down as bankers and pick them up when I doubt us.

and I still don't know how we let everton take 3 point so easily at SJP football Sucks  :( haha

I know expect us to get beat most days but it's a nice surprise when we don't. If we get a run of wins and confidence together you never know though!
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”