Author Topic: NEWCASTLE V SWANSEA MATCH THREAD  (Read 2294 times)

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
Re: NEWCASTLE V SWANSEA MATCH THREAD
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 05:11:28 PM »
I wish people woukd stop blaing Rafa for the signings. He gives a list of players, Ashley or his rep puts it in the bin, Rafa gets who he's told. Ha has no say.

Anyway its another point toward safety. Like I said its going to be tough, its going to be ugly but I feel we'll survive.
How do you know this?
Joselu is his signing
Gamez
Lejeune
Selz
Manquilo

Offline john88

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 05:13:46 PM »
they're all his signing, don't even contemplate getting into a debate with him about that. Rafa's signings, the majority of them, have been woeful. But that is another debate. Rafa isn't being targetted here, it's Ashley, and the fact we're in the window, and nothing is happening. Its as clear as day we need investment, and its not coming.

we look doomed, but looks like it will be touch and go until the last day. just suck it up and see what happens. nothing we can do about it

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »
Plenty of people who are ITK at the club have made it publicaly known how the transfers work. I'll believe them over Ashley and co every time.

Offline marki

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »
i hope we gan down..teach the bar stewards a lesson.no interest in the club and a s*** manager

Offline gaspytoon

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »
Awful result, nothing else to say :nonono:

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 05:45:05 PM »
Plenty of people who are ITK at the club have made it publicaly known how the transfers work. I'll believe them over Ashley and co every time.
Each to their own I guess

Offline Van_Dammesque

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
A draw means we have to find the point from elsewhere that we did not anticipate, no brainer, but who?

Few good chances today and squandered! Even Gayle is not the answer for us!

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2018, 06:32:16 PM »
Game should of been over by the half hour - you can?t miss chances like that in this league unfortunately

Few players way under performed today - Ritchie is offering very little at the minute and doesn?t warrant a place - Atsu looked f***ed just didn?t seem to have his usual pace & energy - Gayle missed chances he should finish

Still plenty of games to go and it?s so tight down there - for me they are going down they were awful & I still fancy us to finish above 2 of West Brom, Stoke, Brighton & Huddersfield - EDIT & Bournemouth forgot about them
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:01:22 PM by Toon1 »

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2018, 08:10:28 PM »
Game should of been over by the half hour - you can?t miss chances like that in this league unfortunately

Few players way under performed today - Ritchie is offering very little at the minute and doesn?t warrant a place - Atsu looked f***ed just didn?t seem to have his usual pace & energy - Gayle missed chances he should finish

Still plenty of games to go and it?s so tight down there - for me they are going down they were awful & I still fancy us to finish above 2 of West Brom, Stoke, Brighton & Huddersfield - EDIT & Bournemouth forgot about them
I tend to agree we still have to play 4 of those sides 3 at home unfortunately as our away form seems to be better. I am guessing you think Swansea are already nailed on to go down. Another 2 sides still in the mix are Southampton and Watford and yes we still have to play them both as well. Should be tense if nothing else!
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »
Was at the game today. No idea what bbc sport and that are on about, but we absolutely battered them and missed a hatful of chances and they counter attacked and had one cleared off the line in the 92nd minute which was as close as they got. Should have been 4-0. f**k the f***ing BBC
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Jonas14

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 12:08:12 AM »
We were the better team a draw was the least we deserved and i can only make a case for Swansea deserving anything due to the penalty shout and being the away team.

on Rafa's signings: ffs man do you think he'd have bought any of the bad ones if he had reasonable backing from the owner? He knows our keepers aren't good enough but is he allowed to bring a modestly priced veteran in? No. Its not his choice to stick with Darlow and Eliott nor is it by his choice any of those bad buys are here. It was either them, something cheaper and worse or nothing.

agree that Ritchie is completely off the boil, not even open play but his deliveries are down and if we have to sell someone to bring anybody in then I'd far rather it be him than Shelvey.

Offline holycrosser

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 05:01:05 AM »
1 more point , i thought we played well in the first half and battered them, they were awful, easily the worst team ive seen this season.
we just never got going in the second half, i thought Diame had a good game and i agree about Ritchie who couldnt get forward for covering the wide man of swansea the whole game, Gayle should have had 2  :nonono:  thats the problem our finishing is crap.

i stand by my claim Shelvey looks like he's sulking and wants away, he looks miserable on the pitch and is playing like it.Swansea were there for the taking, so 2 points dropped , we cant string a few wins together.Crowd were quiet today, and still no sign of reinforcements, no sign of ashley, no sign of change  :nonono:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:01:34 AM by holycrosser »

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2018, 05:25:16 AM »
Shelvey only seemed to turn up for about 15 minutes after they scored when he started to put his foot in and played the ball firward early.
He sits way too deep to influence the game - he needs to be 10-15 yards further up the pitch all the time but he doesn?t like that as he doesn?t get the time on the ball he does when he?s stood next to the defenders

Offline Jinker

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:09 AM »
How the mighty have fallen. I never in the history of the toon would I have thought i?d see  the day when we?d settle for 4th bottom. From the KK entertainers to this, who would have thought?  Rafa is trying to keep us in the PL with two hands tied behind his back. The man should be given the freedom of the city not criticism.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:54:50 AM by Jinker »

Offline PsyQlix

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 07:59:27 AM »
Two points dropped. The way the game went, with chances missed, it looked like we were going to be suckered and leave with nothing. That would have been grim. The team kept at it and at least got a point.

I thought that the crowd was excellent. Stayed behind the lads all game even went we went behind. It would have been easy to get frustrated with the missed chances, but the atmosphere stayed positive and never got toxic. The Strawberry corner were superb.

We are going to need that support as this fight is going to go right to the wire. It's not rocket science. We severely lack any forward quality. The team has fight and workrate. It is well organised and reasonable in defence (GK is an issue). We have Championship level forwards.

The tactics were not negative. They were not gung ho, but we forced the game, created chances and kept it very tight at our end. We had four clear chances. For two of these we did not even hit the target. Then another where Atsu had to simply play in Shelvey for a one on one. Swansea get a chance out of a simple cross into the box and score with their first chance - he took two go's at it after Darlow parries it straight back to him.

It is foolish to think that any help is coming. Take as much beer as necessary to stay positive and behind the lads. Strap in as it's going to be very close