Author Topic: Sky Sports News - Mbemba out - Sakho In  (Read 460 times)

Offline ToonUltra7

• Getting to know the place
Sky Sports News - Mbemba out - Sakho In
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
Not sure on this one, would rather have Hernandez in truth, more of a goalscorer.
Plus I would be sorry to see Mbemba leave - think he will be quality defender in a couple of seasons time.

What are peoples thoughts?

Offline peachy

• Forum member
Re: Sky Sports News - Mbemba out - Sakho In
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
could we pay hernandez's wages, ..?

saying that, can we afford Sakho's wages?
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline French

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 03:26:47 PM »
I have always enjoyed MBemba commitment and workrate.
He is already a decent defender for his age and is not shy of running some charges upfront.
I hope we keep him

Offline JonnyThaiwongy

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
Agreed, always liked Mbemba, he's worth more than we could get for him right now I'd think....Don't think Sakho is the answer to anything. Mbemba for Ayew now, I'd take that, and pay a few mil, he'd keep us up on his own.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:00:29 PM »
Agreed, always liked Mbemba, he's worth more than we could get for him right now I'd think....Don't think Sakho is the answer to anything. Mbemba for Ayew now, I'd take that, and pay a few mil, he'd keep us up on his own.

I agree with Ayew being better.

Hernandez has had it as a footballer - the salary he's on at West Ham will mean it's going to be tough for them to offload him. Sakho looks like he hasn't a good hard working personality but still more of a threat than Hernandez.

Right now, Newcastle have 3 solid CB choices so if Mbemba was to go I wouldn't cry but I think we may regret it long term.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 01:29:00 PM »
Hernandez had a good season in the Bundisliga but hasnt cut it at the hammers. Hes not at united anymore. If were in for a Striker id have faith in rafa. Its just a case of can we bring them here.
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 03:00:50 PM »
Hernandez is a great finisher and miles better than what we have. They did pay 18m for him in the summer like so not sure we'd fork out any more than 15. Think Mbemba is arguably our best defender and wouldn't mind seeing him at right back next game but never mind...
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:02:50 AM »
Hernandez is a great finisher and miles better than what we have. They did pay 18m for him in the summer like so not sure we'd fork out any more than 15. Think Mbemba is arguably our best defender and wouldn't mind seeing him at right back next game but never mind...

The thing is - Hernandez may be a good finisher but he's only scored 4 this season, in a team who have better playmakers than Newcastle. Is he better than the options we have?

In stats this season, Joselu has scored more goals, and considering the amount of work he's doing on the pitch for Rafa's playing style, I don't think that Hernandez would work at all.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 03:20:35 PM »
The thing is - Hernandez may be a good finisher but he's only scored 4 this season, in a team who have better playmakers than Newcastle. Is he better than the options we have?

In stats this season, Joselu has scored more goals, and considering the amount of work he's doing on the pitch for Rafa's playing style, I don't think that Hernandez would work at all.

They weren?t set up for his strengths earlier in season and even had him playing on the left :lol:

Saying that we will not play to his strengths either in my opinion - we need more of a mobile target man type striker who works hard

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 04:43:41 PM »
Heres a few players potentially available:

Luke Shaw, Kenedy, Lazar Markovic, Danny Ings, James McCarthy, Oumar Niasse

Few round europe doing well and not too expensive:

Bakambu, Phillipp Max, Pione Sisto, Luis Alberto, Mariano Diaz, Gabriel Pires, Salif Sane, Lucas Torreira, Rodri.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”