Author Topic: Six Nations rugby  (Read 144 times)

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
Six Nations rugby
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:05:48 PM »
England did a good job in Italy hard game coming up against Wales but it?s at Twickenham so I fancy us to beat them. Scotland were poor and Ireland didn?t set the world alight but still beat France. I do believe we have the strongest squad in the tournament and that we will win it again.
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
Re: Six Nations rugby
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:41:47 PM »
Predictions for the weekend England 27 Wales 21 Scotland 12 France 18 Ireland 34 Italy 15 not sure anyone is interested in the rugby used to be a few lads who would have some banter but I guess they don?t post anymore such is life!
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline Brian Toon

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 10:14:18 AM »
Ireland looked good yesterday and that win vs France was a tough one. England did well to keep the Welsh out and to hang on. Scotland and Italy seemed to have declined again.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »
Ireland looked good yesterday and that win vs France was a tough one. England did well to keep the Welsh out and to hang on. Scotland and Italy seemed to have declined again.

Yeah - it's looking like it'll be a fun / close tournament. Cagey game, that Eng v Wales. Enjoyed it a lot though. Can't have seen England winning that one in a hostile, roaring Cardiff.

One point of bother - how the hell is the 6 nations on break for the same week as round 5 of the FA cup? It means a whole weekend of no football AND no ruggers. SO annoyed.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline Brian Toon

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:21:41 PM »
Yeah it is always the same we either have too many games on at once and we cant watch them all or nothing at all. Surprised that the Scots won at the weekend after the beating from Wales on day 1 . The England Ireland game will be interesting .

Offline Mad Dog

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
Interesting tournament so far, just my own thoughts from the laast round of games. Thought France had a chance to win in Scotland and they were ahead for a while but credit to the Scots they found a way to win it, thought France ran out of steam a little and Scotland clawed some credibility back after the absolute stuffing they got off Wales.

England Wales was epic and the Welsh were a bit unlucky, England dogged it out which is a good thing but can they keep doing it or hit top gear? I am not keen on Marko V at loosehead in the scrum and although Eddie Jones is the business I wonder why we do not have a proper blind side in, wonder if our back row is the best it could be. Wales were a credit to themselves with the injuries they have and the late withdrawal of Halfpenny, dismiss them at your peril.

Ireland Italy saw the Irish rampant until they began to make wholesale changes then the Italians got stuck into them and scored points. Suggests to me the Irish lack quality in cover but the experience will be invaluable to the bench players. Ireland had a real cutting edge that they did not have v France.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you thereā€

Formerly known as Captain Lard till I screwed my log in on that account, ffs!!!