Author Topic: TOON V MAN UTD  (Read 4986 times)

Offline peachy

• Forum member
TOON V MAN UTD
« on: February 08, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
Sunday, 11th February, 2018
Kick off: 2.15pm at SJP
Live on SkySports Main Event

Here we go again, if we are gonna start winning at home again why not kick it off by beating one of the biggest clubs on the planet, Man Utd have lost 3 away games so far this season, Spurs, Chelsea and 'uddersfield and arrive on Tyneside with no injury worries (unfortunately), whereas our only concern is Clarks knee injury, but saying that, I would rather Mbemba started anyway but there's little chance of that because Lejeune is fit again.  :roll:

Hopefully Slimani will make his full debut and we can get some kind of idea as to how the rest of our season is gonna pan out, Darlow did little wrong at Palace and was unlucky not to save the penalty so I would expect him to keep his place.

possible team:

DARLOW

YEDLIN     LASCELLES     LEJEUNE    DUMMETT

SHELVEY    MERINO

MURPHY     PEREZ     KENEDY

SLIMANI

Score prediction: 2-1

Howay the Lads. 
Never stop fighting for what you believe in.

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
Re: TOON V MAN UTD
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:42:50 AM »
1-4. Lukaku has just resumed scoring and I am sure we can help Sanchez get the ball rolling too. Gayle to score first.

That luck NUFC rode against Palace with some shocking box defending when inviting pressure will not be possible to be replicated against direct opposition.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »
i did have this game down as a loss on my last 16 predictions but when the time arrives i just can't bring myself to predict a defeat,......if 'uddersfield can do them, so can we, bring'em on.   :mad:

Offline nufcjon

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 11:06:28 AM »
I have that horrible feeling we are playing them at the wrong time and they are going to trounce us.
But* im optimistic that it will be a game we should have won come final whistle, but end up with a draw or a narrow loss

Offline Mr_Grimey

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:49:09 PM »
See, typically teams near the bottom tend to up their game around this time and start getting a few plucky surprise wins in the bag. But I have no faith in Newcastle doing that - we're just too anaemic, and this team can't handle the pressure of playing at home. 

Keep the goal difference respectable, that's gotta be the aim. We need to grind out a few 1-0's against the lesser teams left in the diary, that's as good as I see it getting.

Offline Surreymag

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »
See, typically teams near the bottom tend to up their game around this time and start getting a few plucky surprise wins in the bag. But I have no faith in Newcastle doing that - we're just too anaemic, and this team can't handle the pressure of playing at home. 

Keep the goal difference respectable, that's gotta be the aim. We need to grind out a few 1-0's against the lesser teams left in the diary, that's as good as I see it getting.
Tend to agree I can?t see us getting a win might nick a draw my prediction is a 1-3 defeat in this one unfortunately. I have no time at all for Man U and their plastic supporters so I hope I am way off the mark.
Hello hello we are the Geordie boys.

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
Tend to agree I can?t see us getting a win might nick a draw my prediction is a 1-3 defeat in this one unfortunately. I have no time at all for Man U and their plastic supporters so I hope I am way off the mark.

I would say 99.9% of toon fans agree with Grimey mate, the match is a sell out as it always is and historically toon fans have turned up at this fixture expecting to lose, but the odd times we do beat them makes it all worthwhile.

Offline Toon1

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 06:47:38 PM »
Only change I would say to the above is Diame has been playing that well last couple of games he deserves to start

Hasn?t Mourinho failed to ever beat us at St James in the league :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:49:10 PM by Toon1 »

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 07:09:38 PM »
aye something like that, i was gonna mention it but thought it might be the kiss of death if i did......so you've said it instead  :)

Offline Finnish Geordie

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 04:30:40 AM »
I have that horrible feeling we are playing them at the wrong time and they are going to trounce us.
But* im optimistic that it will be a game we should have won come final whistle, but end up with a draw or a narrow loss

I think we played Chelsea right time few weeks ago. Since that they were bummed by Bournemouth and Watford. Swansea beat Liverpool when dippers were flying high.
Like someone said, it seems we are there for taking against these big clubs and that makes me sick. SJP once was place where teams feared to come. Now we are tend to be happy for a draw against tems like Brighton ffs.

Cos we couldnt beat Brighton, Burnley and Swansea at home, we have to beat one or two big clubs in our remaining games. Would love if we give them a go but all I see is one boring game between two defensive-minded manager.
Another 1-1 at best but think we gonna lose 1-2
Double Demba on the rocks, please

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 07:36:43 AM »
I think we played Chelsea right time few weeks ago. Since that they were bummed by Bournemouth and Watford. Swansea beat Liverpool when dippers were flying high.
Like someone said, it seems we are there for taking against these big clubs and that makes me sick. SJP once was place where teams feared to come. Now we are tend to be happy for a draw against tems like Brighton ffs.

Cos we couldnt beat Brighton, Burnley and Swansea at home, we have to beat one or two big clubs in our remaining games. Would love if we give them a go but all I see is one boring game between two defensive-minded manager.
Another 1-1 at best but think we gonna lose 1-2

so we all expect to lose, so anything else is a bonus, that's how it always is against these.....hopefully the day will come when we go into this fixture actually expecting to win.

Offline PsyQlix

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 10:55:32 AM »
I would swap Atsu for Perez and the main man Diame for Shelvey - never expected to say that.

The pace of Atsu, Kennedy and Murphy with the athleticism and physicality of Slimani. We may even be able to hurt teams for the first time in ages, especially on the break. Probably in dreamland. A lot riding on that man Slimani. He may well turn out to be a dud.

On tactics. We actually did have a go at them at Old Trafford. This was during a batch of six or so games where we played two up front and did attack teams from the outset. We took the lead at OT and really should have been winning a half time, but conceded two. We still had a go second half, but got picked off and got a chasing.

I hope that he plays it tight (he will) and with the extra quality of Slimani and Kennedy, plus the rapidly improving Murphy, we can actually convert one of the few chances that come our way.

Quote from The Captain:
?We?ll make it dirty and nasty on Sunday?, he said. ?They?ve got big players on big wages but I can tell you we?ll have more heart and more hunger than they will.? - very true

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 01:45:48 PM »
Slimani still not fully fit,  :suicide:

Offline dec6767

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 06:06:00 PM »
Slimani still not fully fit,  :suicide:

that's according to Lee Ryder who thinks we're playing City on the weekend the clown

Offline peachy

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 06:09:21 PM »
that's according to Lee Ryder who thinks we're playing City on the weekend the clown

no it's according to rafa