Author Topic: TOON V MAN UTD  (Read 4992 times)

Offline gaspytoon

• Forum member
Re: TOON V MAN UTD
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2018, 07:35:15 PM »
Missed the game due to visiting family & as usual i miss a positive result!!! Maybe i better stop watching games, if it means Newcastle getting good results, i'll settle for MOTD :lol:

Looking forward to winding up all the Manx fans tomorrow :thumbs:

Offline Basileus

• Getting to know the place
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2018, 08:55:23 PM »
Looking at the penalty, I'm not at all sure. If it had been given against us I wouldn't have been happy

You know it's odd - every time we are around at my wife's brothers place for Sunday dinner or some get together Newcastle always get a positive result
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:56:35 PM by Basileus »

Offline Mr_Grimey

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2018, 09:10:39 PM »
f***ing score! Made my day, that has :)

Offline Mr_Grimey

« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »
Good results for Huddersfield and Swansea made it essential, mind. 13th place but still in deep s***. Here's hoping those January buys keep the momentum going.*

*'buys'
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:13:26 PM by Mr_Grimey »

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2018, 10:39:44 PM »
Chris Smalling is an absolute embarassment like, terrible with the ball at his feet, 6ft odd defender diving about, Gayle was outmuscling him half the time. Nee wonder England are s***. Wouldn't catch Tony Adams doing that.
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline Finnish Geordie

• Forum member
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 04:52:14 AM »

You know it's odd - every time we are around at my wife's brothers place for Sunday dinner or some get together Newcastle always get a positive result

Would you mind to go there more often?
I think we always win when I dont watch the game. So its bit harsh for the fan :)

I wish we played Jose every week.
Double Demba on the rocks, please

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »
Good result, unexpected but definitely deserved. The better team won and on reflection it was a good performance. Let's keep that going at home - there is NO REASON that this level of performance can't be the norm.

Shelvey, Diame, the CBs and Dubravka were all outstanding - the spine of the team needs to play that way all the time and to that standard and it will yield results.

Pleased for Ritchie - a lot of criticism on here for him but I am not sure why - he's pretty much the team's Gutierrez these days and does a good job. Gayle is doing well too - yes, not scoring, but leading the line well.

My final point would be that Manchester United never get penalties awarded against them, and that was a clear one. So ridiculous. The same applies for that Valencia kick on Atsu - clear red card. I hope that their fans can see that they get away with far more than any other team.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:13:43 AM by OmegaprimeVKM »
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.

Offline mazme4ever

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2018, 11:44:26 AM »
The confidence Dubravka brought to our defence was incredible. I have never seen any of them play as a unit as they did today. Shelvey had his best game ever for us and backed up by Diame. Ritchie did what Ritchie does. Score important goals. Gayle tried without much success and Perez went AWOL for most of the game. Kenedy is still learning his trade but will improve when he is 100% match fit.

Offline dec6767

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2018, 07:55:12 PM »
Good result, unexpected but definitely deserved. The better team won and on reflection it was a good performance. Let's keep that going at home - there is NO REASON that this level of performance can't be the norm.

Shelvey, Diame, the CBs and Dubravka were all outstanding - the spine of the team needs to play that way all the time and to that standard and it will yield results.

Pleased for Ritchie - a lot of criticism on here for him but I am not sure why - he's pretty much the team's Gutierrez these days and does a good job. Gayle is doing well too - yes, not scoring, but leading the line well.

My final point would be that Manchester United never get penalties awarded against them, and that was a clear one. So ridiculous. The same applies for that Valencia kick on Atsu - clear red card. I hope that their fans can see that they get away with far more than any other team.

good point about Ritchie. That was somehow only his first goal this season despite the quality finish, but his main quality has been defensive this year - the guy puts in a shift every game and we often are a worse side without him.

Offline Deffy.

• Global Moderator
  • Forum member
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2018, 09:07:23 PM »
The confidence Dubravka brought to our defence was incredible. I have never seen any of them play as a unit as they did today. Shelvey had his best game ever for us and backed up by Diame. Ritchie did what Ritchie does. Score important goals. Gayle tried without much success and Perez went AWOL for most of the game. Kenedy is still learning his trade but will improve when he is 100% match fit.

He did what all decent keepers do.. He organised and controled his defence.

Offline veriaqa

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2018, 03:26:27 AM »
I like this Dubravka fellow, have high hopes for him. Maybe he can be our next Given. We have gone too long without someone like Given or Srnicek under the bar.
Mengapa why jika if selalu always?
Karena because tidak pernah never.

Offline Niffoc88

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2018, 08:46:21 AM »
I dont understand why the lads csnt put in a shift like this most weekends especislly at home. I thought the fans were quiet throughout. I would of thought with 50k plus we would of been alot louder. Its like highbury when the opposition has the ball.. Perez Kennedy and Gayle did struggle in the latter stages but they kept on making runs and trying to go forward. Thats all we want our team to try in each game.. Darlow is unlucky to now have to compete with the Slovakian. He was tremendous. 
@ SPORTS DIRECT.COM

Offline suffolkmag84

• Forum member
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »
I celebrated like mad when the goal went in. It was an absolutely heroic, stupendous effort from the lads. 100% to all of them. It still gives me goosebumps now sitting in my local pub in Ipswich and Ritchie smashing the ball in the back of the net making it 1-0.

Toon Army!!!

Offline ohsholaameobi

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2018, 01:26:59 PM »
For all Ritchie hasn't contributed much of late still has 6 assists this season, 3 more than anyone else and as many as Firmino, Willian, Coutinho and Eriksen to name a few...
Alan Pardew: “It was all good up until when it kicked off.”

Offline OmegaprimeVKM

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2018, 05:12:55 PM »
For all Ritchie hasn't contributed much of late still has 6 assists this season, 3 more than anyone else and as many as Firmino, Willian, Coutinho and Eriksen to name a few...

Precisely why no one should be on his back.
The above comments represent the views of OmegaprimeVKM only and nothing more.